Senior Public Health Analyst / Program and Procedure Coordinator
Conducts research, develops, implements and evaluates a wide range of public health initiatives. Assists director in carrying out chief health strategist role by facilitating and coordinating the building of strategic partnerships and leveraging county and community resources to bring about collective impact. Works with director and workforce strategist to develop and implement innovative workforce development solutions that enable the department to effectively address 21st century public health challenges; harness the power of new types of data; think and act in a systems perspective. May be asked to provide leadership and execution for agency-wide initiatives that support organizational change; address environmental, economic and social determinants of health; and meet future public health challenges. As a member of the department's executive management team, works with senior management to forecast the implications of local, national and global trends of significance to inform and advance department strategic planning efforts. Leads projects as assigned, prepares periodic reports, drafts correspondence, and communicates status updates to senior management. May support the director by attending and facilitating meetings and making presentations in a variety of forums. Works under the direction of the Health Director.Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles, methods and problems of organization and management;
- Knowledge of business process redesign methodologies;
- Knowledge of strategic planning;
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and county regulations and guidelines relating to the assigned area of specialization and the ability to accurately apply, interpret and administer them;
- Ability to work successfully with other managers for strategic planning, to develop common outcome measures, and to share responsibility for achieving goals;
- Ability to successfully work with County and School officials and community leaders.
- Ability to solve problems and resolve conflicts;
- Ability to develop and implement creative approaches to address needs;
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of individuals;
- Ability to collaborate across organizational boundaries to find common ground with a widening range of stakeholders;
- Ability to develop professional networks with individuals and groups, both internal and external to the organization;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to work independently within established policies, procedures, and guidelines;
- Ability to evaluate procedures and recommend improvements;
- Ability to analyze problems and recommend solutions;
- Ability to exercise tact, good judgment and initiative.
Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to a bachelor's degree in public administration, business administration or a related field and five years of experience, two of which must have been in government. A related master's degree may be substituted for one year of the required general experience.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background check, a Child Protective Services Registry check, and a sanction screening to the satisfaction of the employer.
Masters in public health. Extensive experience in researching, developing, implementing and evaluating public health initiatives. Understands the importance of a strong public health infrastructure capable of assessing and responding to public health needs in the community. Demonstrated ability to make oral presentations to senior county and/or department management or the public. Demonstrated ability to write detailed, accurate reports, and to use word processing and presentation software to develop documents, and to use spreadsheet and statistical analysis software packages to store, manipulate, analyze and present data.
Job is generally sedentary in nature, however, job entails walking, standing, sitting, climbing stairs, reaching and bending; uses hands to grasp, handle, or feel. Visual acuity is required to read data on a computer monitor; ability to drive a vehicle. Incumbent must be able to operate keyboard driven equipment and computer. Position frequently communicates and must be able to exchange accurate information with others verbally and in writing. Employee may be required to lift up or carry up to 25 lbs. occasionally. Generally works in an office environment yet may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting. All duties perform with or without reasonable accommodations.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 703-222-7314. EEO/AA/TTY.