Management Analyst II
This is a two-year grant merit position with anticipated funding through 2021. Performs a wide range of professional work within multiple administrative functions including analytic and technical analysis, data and project management, and research and policy development for the Enhanced Mobility for Seniors and Individuals with Disabilities grant. Assists in developing and conducting community assessments that focus on regional transportation needs; and develops a work plan to address local gaps in transportation options for identified populations. Provides technical and professional assistance to identified neighborhoods and community-based and/or faith-based organizations to support their transportation goals, by gathering data and information, developing data analysis tools, and tracking and monitoring various outcomes and indicators. Implements a comprehensive training program for identified members of the community to become Transportation Navigators, whereby they will have an increased knowledge of transportation options available to seniors and individuals with disabilities. Uses existing technology systems (Web pages, social media, Human Services Resource Guide, and existing call center infrastructure) to ensure information sharing and increase public awareness and knowledge of transportation services. May be required to attend meetings and/or make presentations to senior managers and/or the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors, Boards, Authorities and Commissions on grant outcomes and recommendations. Also will be required to travel within the northern Virginia region, and sometimes work evenings and weekends to meet programmatic needs. Responsible for collecting appropriate data and submitting appropriate reports to meet all grant reporting requirements.
Note: The functional areas of the position are general administrative, finance and project management.
- Performs a wide-range of professional work in multiple administration functions within an organizational unit including analysis and project management;
- May supervise administrative and paraprofessional staff;
- Performs a variety of technical and professional work related to monitoring and reporting on departmental business processes, activities, and outcomes;
- Plans, develops, and implements comprehensive communication and education plans on programs and services for both county agencies and community organizations;
- Assists with developing and conducting special studies and research initiatives, by designing survey instruments, gathering data and information from department staff, developing data analysis tools, conducting statistical analyses, initiating literature reviews, etc.;
- Conducts analysis and reporting of quantitative and qualitative data in order to track and monitor various business process indicators;
- Serves as the point-person and liaison within the department and with central county departments regarding a designated program and functional areas of responsibility;
- Prepares reports and presentations of analysis and findings.
- Knowledge of the mission, goals and objectives of the organizational unit, program or activities to which incumbent is assigned;
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques relating to various functional areas of business operation (e.g., personnel, budgeting and financial management, contract administration and management);
- Ability to identify and describe a range of possible solutions for solving business problems;
- Ability to apply research methods to design studies and assessments, and statistical analysis techniques to identify patterns and trends in data;
- Ability to use word processing and presentation software to prepare documents, and to use spreadsheet and statistical analysis software packages to store, manipulate, analyze and present data;
- Ability to train, lead, and/or supervise paraprofessional staff.
Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor's degree in the field related to the assigned functional area; plus two years of professional work experience within the functional area.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
Valid driver's license.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background check, driving record check and a check of the Child Protective Services Registry to the satisfaction of the employer.
Extensive experience in analyzing data and report writing. Experience working in the Human Services field. Knowledge of mobility management concepts. Experience working with community based organizations, non-profits, and civic organizations. Experience utilizing technology systems, including social media platforms, collaboration software tools, and web-based applications.
This position requires extensive travel within the Northern Virginia area; ability to operate keyboard driven equipment, ability to carry items up to 40 pounds. All duties performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Panel interview and may include exercise.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 703-222-7314. EEO/AA/TTY.