Information Technology Technician III
2 days left
- Full Time
Provides daily technical support to staff and customers of the Circuit Court to ensure availability of IT resources, including all hardware, software, interfaces, integration-related issues and application data storage. Provides proactive notifications regarding outages, system changes, and problem recovery. Maintains written and oral communications with customers, technical support staff, and management using e-mail, internet, and telephone. Performs research on problem resolution. Troubleshoots and provides first-line diagnosis for all servers within the Circuit Court. Writes database queries and stored procedures. Performs basic web design. Coordinates and communicates with vendors as applicable. Performs other duties as required.Illustrative Duties
- Performs complex problem diagnosis and resolution for customers using the mainframe, LAN's, PC's, and printers on the County's enterprise system;
- Provides on-line technical support using a variety of automated tools;
- Responds to requests for information, troubleshoots problems, and directs callers to other designated staff as needed;
- Provides proactive notifications regarding outages, system changes, and problem recovery;
- Maintains written and oral communications with customers, technical support staff, and management using e-mail, internet, pagers, telephone, and technical support software alert features;
- Applies established priority levels to customer requests for service to ensure business objectives are met;
- Refers to service level agreements to set expectations for services and time frames for service delivery;
- Maintains a working knowledge of the latest technical procedures and practices related to systems operation and performance, capacity issues, and telecommunications techniques;
- Learns diagnostic and error messages for common problems and routine operations on PC, network, and mainframe platforms;
- Conducts training sessions and cross-trains for other technical services positions to update and expand knowledge and skills;
- Performs research on problem resolution;
- Updates and documents new solutions on databases;
- Assists in identifying trends and performing root cause analysis for systems problems;
- May plan, organize, coordinate, assign, and evaluate the work of lower level technicians;
- Provides work counseling, guidance, assistance, and training as needed;
- Provides assistance to other staff as needed;
- Provides guidance, training, and technical assistance to less experienced technicians;
- Performs back-up system administration duties and assists in maintaining security controls;
- Adds, deletes, updates, catalogs, and indexes technical on-line library.
- Considerable knowledge of a variety of automated tools for diagnosing and solving information system problems;
- Considerable knowledge of personal computers and personal computer software application packages and development products;
- Considerable knowledge of personal computer, network, and mainframe interface;
- Ability to communicate technical ideas clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to provide support and technical assistance to computer users;
- Ability to perform complex personal computer system troubleshooting, both on software and hardware problems;
- Ability to implement or coordinate equipment repairs and solve software problems;
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals used in the assembly, installation, repair, and operation of information systems equipment;
- Ability to provide guidance, training, and technical assistance to less experienced technicians;
- Ability to maintain records and write reports;
- Ability to supervise lower level technicians.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background check to the satisfaction of the employer.
Experience in supporting end users in a Microsoft Windows environment, including support of MS Office applications, troubleshooting, and resolving a variety of desktop, server, and remote access problems. Experience in writing database queries and stored procedures and perform basic web design and development skills. Experience in providing technical advice and assistance to senior level leadership. Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks with competing deadlines under pressure. Ability to operate in a team environment with shared responsibilities. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Knowledge of Virginia court processes and experience with court case management systems. Knowledge of Software: Veritas Netbackup, Oracle 12c, MS SQL 2012, VBA, PowerShell, and Windows 8 and 10.
This position may need to lift and install computer equipment weighing up to 75 pounds. Must be able to input and retrieve data from a computer. All duties performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Panel interview and may include exercise.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 703-222-7314. EEO/AA/TTY.