Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
Please list all professional experience and explain any gaps in employment history.
The Washington Post is seeking a highly motivated test automation engineer to join the engineering team. As a key member of the engineering team you will be the champion for quality assurance best practices and processes. This position is ideal for the candidate interested in working in a dynamic and fast paced environment using the latest technologies. This is a unique opportunity to work with a world class newsroom and design team and take our digital platform to the next level. This specific project will be supporting Arc Publishing - https://www.arcpublishing.com/
The Quality Automation Engineer will lead and drive the test automation effort to ensure quality standards are met. You will define test harnesses and automation frameworks, and will drive the development of test suites. You should be an expert with testing methodologies.
- Research, identify and implement new test automation technologies.
- Build and maintain effective GUI and integration test cases for manual and automated testing.
- Identify regression test candidates for automation, planning automation activities across the team and automating test cases.
- Monitor automation runs to ensure accuracy and validity.
- Collaborate with developers and product owners to generate test requirements from user stories.
- Perform code deployments and release management in a continuous integration environment.
- Establish quality assurance best practices and processes in an agile environment.
- Participate in daily scrum meetings, agile ceremonies
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in a lead test automation role
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Expertise in testing frontend UIs and web services using restful APIs
- Expertise in test tools such as Selenium, JMeter, Puppeteer, Cucumber etc.
- Experience using Git, JIRA and Confluence a plus
- Experience with performance testing a plus
- Experience with visual regression testing a plus