Security Manager - Springfield, VA
Please list all professional experience and explain any gaps in employment history.
We are looking for an experienced Security Manager to focus on the management of our facility security functions in the Springfield office. In addition to day-to-day responsibilities, this full-time role will work 3pm to 11pm, Monday through Friday and will require the person to be on-call during weekends and off-shift times.
- Conduct regular security rounds/surveillance of the properties throughout shifts.
- Act as a point of contact for all emergencies related to security, business continuity, and safety of the company, including medical emergencies, personnel issues, and security threats. Organize and direct emergency responses and supporting activities.
- Analyze loss control and accident reports. Conduct internal investigations in accordance with legal requirements and company policies.
- Identify gaps in security and safety protocols and develop policies and procedures to close the gaps and ensure compliance with federal and state regulations. Prepare and maintain all required security manuals.
- Partner with other functions throughout the company to implement and enforce security procedures.
- High school diploma required; Bachelor's Degree preferred; further education in security administration or similar field will be an asset
- Facility / Plant security experience highly preferred
- Military, law enforcement, or intelligence experience preferred
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to enforce security protocols in a polite yet assertive way
- Independent thinking and forward-looking attitude
- Knowledge of best practices in security and safety, as well as federal and state regulations