Security Patrol, Part Time (6 openings)
The Security Patrol responds to fire and security alarms in all Loudoun County Public Schools buildings; patrols the interior and exterior of school buildings and grounds; reports vandalism and trespassers; performs regular tests on security alarms; instructs/assists school staff with arming and disarming alarms; performs building fire watch as needed; works with law enforcement as needed; and performs related work as required.
* Current or prior security and/or law enforcement experience strongly preferred
* Must hold valid driver's license
* High School diploma or GED
* Relates well with public and school staff
* Good oral and written communication skills
* Demonstrates organizational skills
* Must be trustworthy and dependable
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, climb, stoop, kneel, bend and walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and may be required to lift up to approximately 50 pounds. May be exposed to varying temperatures and uneven terrain.