Principal Deal Manager
Your role in helping us shape the future:
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Work with stakeholders to support the implementation and execution of guidelines that enable the Sales teams to align with the Broadband Business unit (BU) and to craft deals that comply with Intelsat's product, asset, regional and customer strategies, supporting management in the development of those guidelines as appropriate. Provide operational and analytical support to the Sales team and customers in the region, including providing recommendations and approvals for "non-standard" deal terms.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Global Sales/Product Support Function: support Broadband sales and product teams with critical analysis and recommendations with goal of capturing new business and protecting existing business while maximizing yield on Intelsat's traditional and EpicNG assets.
- Deploy financial modeling to analyze business cases and P&L analysis supporting Broadband customers needing non-standard terms and conditions including investments in opex and capex.
- Support analysis and collaborate with finance to review/approve all deals needing significant opex and capex investments.
- Serve as subject matter expert for commercial support, negotiations with customers and post-sales support to the Broadband Sales teams, as appropriate.
Can you drive these processes?
Stay abreast of, and fully versed in, the commercial guidelines related to products, assets, regions, and customers in order to be empowered to make decisions (within established procedures and approval authority) quickly with minimal need to refer deals to administrative headquarters for decision making.
Confirm and record each deal's compliance with the applicable strategic guidelines and corporate governance requirements, also documenting any required approvals for terms that are outside of the applicable guidelines, in Intelsat's CRM system and ensure that the contracting and booking processes accurately reflect the approved deal parameters and are executed in a timely and efficient manner.
You should definitely have:
- University Degree in Business related topic (or an equivalent amount of education and work experience) with at least five years of relevant experience, including experience in sales support, process compliance and/or implementation of deal management strategies.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), CRM tools, service booking applications, spreadsheets and reporting tools.
- Financial modeling and analysis experience, pertaining to Business Case development.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to accurately convey commercial guidelines, policies and procedures to Sales representatives within the region and the ability to rapidly establish and maintain highly productive working relationships at all levels across the company.
- Effective English and Portuguese language skills both written and oral with the ability to present accurate and useful information to audiences across a wide range of roles and functions.
- A strong understanding of how services are implemented and how contracts are booked and billed.
- A big picture understanding of how booking activities impact financial reporting (invoicing, revenue, backlog), along with excellent organizational and process management skills.
- Process-orientation with ability to apply judgment on when to flag and escalate issues.
- A bias for accuracy and thoroughness, along with strong personal QA processes.
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience working within cross-functional teams
- A solid understanding of satellite systems, products and fleets.
- Specific experience with Salesforce.com and/or Oracle Service Contracts.
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.