Senior Manager, Industry Programs & events
The Optical Society’s (OSA) Industry Relations Team is looking for an enthusiastic and innovative Senior Manager, Industry Programs & Events to be responsible for the management of the OSA Industry Development Associates (OIDA) Programs, Events and Committees. The individual in this position develops, builds, and sustains strong programs on behalf of OIDA through outreach, strategic cultivation efforts, solid program and committee management, clear measurement procedures and responsible financial oversight.
This position interacts and builds relationships with c-level executives from a variety of industry sectors, including telecom, bio, energy, manufacturing, etc. The individual directs all aspects of Industry Programs, as well as develops and recommends new programs to meet the needs of Industry (OIDA) Members and the corporate community at-large. The individual has oversight of the several industry-focused committees.
- Provides leadership in establishing and evaluating strategic priorities to align the direction of Industry Programs and committees with OSA's goals and vision.
- Develops strong relations with constituents in the Industry community for volunteer cultivation on committees and programs.
- Provides committee management and recruitment while working closely with OIDA membership sales & Industry advisor.
- Directs all aspects of Industry Programs & Events (13 to 16 programs/events ranging in size from 15 to 275 attendees) including program development, speaker management, sponsorship fulfillment, marketing, logistics, committee management and budget.
- Explores, recommends, and executes new Industry Programs & Events, and recruitment of committee members.
- Responsible for program/event logistics such as signage, registration, food & beverage, room sets and sponsorship deliverables.
- Assists in the direction of Marketing of all Industry Programs, ensuring attendance goals for events are met or exceeded.
- Surveys and assesses, in collaboration with others, the external environment to keep current with industry developments to in order align the committee, the membership and the programs with market changes.
- Develops and manages the Industry Program & Event budget.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.A. degree or higher.
- Five years of experience working with businesses either in a business or nonprofit environment in a marketing, sales, meetings or program management role.
- Three years of association or related experience working with volunteer committees and volunteer association governance.
- Three years of association or related experience with in a strategic planning capacity.
- Committee Management & speaker recruitment.
- Special event planning, marketing, or sales experience.
- Knowledge of the optics and photonics industry a plus.
- Solid understanding of how businesses operate, particularly those with manufacturing and global operations.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated effectiveness working in a team environment while realizing a strategic vision in cooperation with the Sr. Director, Industry Relations.
- Ability to evaluate and express complex ideas clearly in speaking and writing to both internal and external constituents.
- Ability to collaborate with individuals and with groups, facilitate group decision making, and network with colleagues and representatives from diverse environments.
- Extensive experience with MS Word, Excel, Power Point and database software.
- Entrepreneurial workstyle preference.
- Ability to travel 5-10%
OSA offers a competitive salary and benefits. Please send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com.