Sales Manager, Industry Relations
Join OSA’s energetic sales team focused on growing a $10M portfolio of events and products covering vertical markets that rely on Optics (the Science of Light), like defense, biomedical, communications, and many others. Be part of a strategic team developing sponsorship and exhibit revenue through work with cutting-edge tech companies from around the world. Along with the ability to engage with a community working to advance science and technology, OSA offers competitive pay and excellent benefits.
Successful OSA Sales Managers demonstrate the ability to foster relationships with key customers, communicate effectively, multi-task and focus on successful event and product metrics. Ownership of projects and timelines as well as initiative are key elements of this position.
- Act as a sales lead and key customer liaison on assigned exhibitions and meetings. Responsible for managing sales targets and responsibilities related to maximizing sales pre-show, on-site and post-show.
- Effective time and task management to efficiently and proactively accomplish all assigned responsibilities and activities
- Establish relationships with current and potential clients to determine sales and marketing objectives, budget and timing.
- Proactively research and identify new sales prospects,
- Utilize multiple sources for key prospect solicitation including competitive publications, websites and trade shows to
- Utilize CRM system to track efforts, update contact details and create accurate sales projections.
- Attend OSA Conferences, Congresses or Exhibitions as assigned to fulfill onsite responsibilities and represent OSA staff
Education and Experience
- College degree required
- Minimum of three to five years sales experience, preferably event/tradeshow experience (advertising sales experience is helpful)
- Association experience preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience and proven track record in effective follow up and negotiation skills, specifically as it relates to working within established product prices and closing sales to maximize customer decision-making.
- Desire to succeed in a fast paced environment.
- A high level of initiative and attention to detail is required.
- Required proficiency in: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal and customer oral, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to focus effectively on multiple tasks at all times.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to travel required.
OSA offers a competitive salary and benefits. Please send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.