Document Processing Specialist (Law Firm)
DOCUMENT PROCESSING SPECIALIST
Prominent DC law firm is seeking a Document Processing Specialist to join their Document Processing Team. As a member of the Firm's professional staff, the Document Processing Specialist will play an integral role in helping the Firm provide high-quality service to clients.
The Document Processing Specialist provides varied administrative and technical support to Firm personnel, including document production and troubleshooting, document scanning and coding, proofreading completed work, and supplemental support to attorneys.
The hours for the position are Monday through Friday, 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
- Performing advanced-level proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office 2010, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Visio; Power PDF; Litera Change-Pro; Dreamweaver; Drafting Assistant; and Adobe Creative Suite
- Performing extensive formatting and editing of word processing documents, including advanced features such as cross-referencing, bookmarks, track changes, tables of authority, tables of content, indices, mail merging, red-line/black line documents, etc.
- Creating templates for legal documents and closing CD sets (creating links from tables of contents; simple and multi-linking of PDFs)
- Converting documents from one application to another, including cleaning, formatting, and applying styles as needed
- Importing and exporting files from USB devices, CDs, and DVDs
- Utilizing email effectively to access and manipulate attachments, CDs, discs, zip files, etc.
- Scanning documents for conversions
- Assisting Firm personnel with document troubleshooting, including corrupt documents and files
- Performing document reproduction; printing and delivering documents from electronic sources (e.g., email attachments, PDF files, CDs, etc.)
- Creating binders and document indices
- Performing transcription using software such as Express Scribe/The Record Player, or Wondershare and Audacity audio/video capture
- Providing varied administrative support to attorneys (e.g., time entry, transcription, copying/printing of documents, courier services, and assignment of conference rooms/visiting attorney offices)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least five (5) years of administrative and related technical experience
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Visio) and conversion software (Word + Excel – 80% accuracy; PowerPoint – 70% accuracy; ability to type a minimum of 55 WPM with 80% accuracy; ability to proofread with 80% accuracy)
- Ability to learn various job-related computer software (e.g., Image Base, Voxco survey application, CD burner application, and document management systems (e-Docs))
- Knowledge of basic graphics and picture manipulation, including resizing, copying, and pasting functions
- Knowledge of OCR conversion software (e.g., Omnipage/Panascan)
- Demonstrated knowledge of proofreading techniques
- Flexibility to adjust hours/work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
Please submit your resume - in Word format - to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!