- Responsible for the day to day administration and communication of Firm’s health and welfare programs including but not limited to health, dental, vision, flexible spending, health savings account, short and long term disability benefits, benefits education sessions, federal and state leave management and annual enrollment.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify data needs and support process and procedure improvements
- Consistently meet quality standards and adhere to standard operating procedures
- Supports the benefits department by performing all operational and transactional tasks required to administer employee benefits all company benefit programs, such as group health and welfare plans, life and disability insurance, and 401k for new hires, current and terminated staff/attorneys
- Serves as a primary contact for employees and managers regarding benefit related issues, questions and decisions regarding eligibility or other related topics
- Resolves employee benefit plan issues (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, and RX) via a benefits inbox and by phone. This requires a 24 hour turn around time.
- Ensures timely, professional, consistent and legally compliant responses are provided and documented as appropriate for every situation both orally and in written format
- Builds and maintains effective internal and external partnerships through exceptional customer service
- Complete participant enrollment, updates, data reviews and separation activities with multiple vendors
- Processes all benefits billing/invoicing
- Produces regular and ad hoc benefits reporting
- Performs regular audits in conjunction with carriers to ensure accurate employee enrollment
Leave Management (30%)
- Serves as liaison to employees and partners for all areas of leave administration (short and long term disability, federal and state leaves) for the employee/partner, manager, leave vendor and payroll.
- Ensures manager and employee/partner applicable written and verbal communications are provided timely and accurately
- Maintains knowledge on FMLA regulations with an understanding of applicable state and federal laws to be able to assist employees and managers
Data Analysis (20%)
- Ensure data accuracy and then coordinate transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration
- Ensure data accuracy and transmit benefits related interfaces to applicable carriers
- Compiles and coordinates data for audits, compliance reporting and filings
Benefits Communication and Education (10%)
- Conducts benefits orientation, answers benefits questions and serves as a resource for all things benefit related
- Provides assistance with all aspects of health and wellness fairs as well as open enrollment meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or experience equivalent
Skills & Technical Requirements
- Minimum of five years of related experience, including strong working knowledge and hands on experience with benefits & FMLA/Disability administration
- Proficiency of all pertinent Federal and State regulations, filing and compliance requirements both adopted and pending affecting employee benefit programs, including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, SECTION 125 and DOL requirements
- Above average skills in Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent organizational skills required to maintain benefits information, data, electronic files, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to develop and maintain relationships both within and outside of the firm.
- Strong focus on client service and responsiveness
- Demonstrated ability to rationally assess problems, situation and challenges and determine an effective approach to reach resolution. Calls upon proper resources for direction and support.
- Ability to respond effectively and timely to sensitive inquiries or complaints
- Self-starter who can manage priorities, meet deadlines, and collaborate with other team members across the firm
- Aptitude for continuous improvement, efficiencies and automation
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Strong analytical skills for conducting reconciliations and data analysis
- Ability to execute tasks associate with project plans
- Ability to work accurately and effectively in a fast-paced environment
Non-exempt position, Work Schedule: 8:30-4:30, 9 – 5 or 10 -6, Metro accessible, competitive salary and benefits package.