Job Summary: Plans, coordinates and supervises the vending operations at an assigned activity. Responsible for procurement, inventory management, operating financials, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities: Plans, coordinates and supervises all facets of an Exchange-owned and contracted vending operations.
- Responsible for achieving net contribution goals through effective management of product, cash personnel, equipment, security, expenses and operational records.
- Implements procedures for controlling and managing inventory of merchandise and repair parts. Establishes vending routes, merchandise accountability, vending merchandise replenishment system and preventive maintenance schedules for vending machines, equipment and vehicles.
- Reviews and analyzes vending machine reports and vending machine operating summaries. Ensures that established sales and profit goals are achieved through sound management and creative promotional actions. Maintains close liaison with area Exchanges to develop merchandising strategies and resolve operational concerns.
-Works under the general direction and supervision of a manager who outlines policies, procedures and objectives. Operates independently, within established policies, procedures and regulations. Refers unusual or complex problems to supervisor with recommendation for solution. Work is reviewed in terms of objectives met and efficiency in meeting operating goals.
- Prepares equipment requests for Exchange-owned vending machines, repair parts equipment and vehicles. Maintains fixed asset records for all equipment.
-Is directly responsible and accountable for the performance and mission effectiveness of assigned departments/locations, as well as compliance with all operating procedures. Assesses the overall efficiency and integrity of assigned functions with particular emphasis on high risk areas that may be susceptible to loss such as inventory shrink, shoplifting, refund fraud, paperwork error, associate theft and receiving purchase order errors. Ensures that all directives, policies and regulations relative to the management of cost control and loss prevention initiatives are adhered to, and actively works to create an environment intolerant of internal and external theft, paperwork error and inventory shrink.
-Inspects Exchange owned and/or contracted operated vending machines for operational condition, appearance, merchandising and products. Reports all cases of vandalism and machine jackpots and assists in the investigation of such incidents, as directed by higher authority. Initiates corrective action and conducts follow up to ensure compliance. Prepares appropriate vending inspection reports.
-Responsible for the preparation of appropriate reports on Exchange owned and contract vending machines, contractor cash receipts, accounts and cash records and operational data. Establishes internal control procedures, safeguards and releases cash intakes.
- Analyzes direct run/contracted vending operations to determine which method of operation would be most advantageous. Evaluates the effectiveness of the operation and ensures compliance with NEXCOM directives, policies and procedures.
- Conducts market and demographic surveys to determine vending product trends and population counts. Maintains current knowledge of the vending industry including operational procedures, industry trends, equipment and products.
- Prepares input to the contracting officer regarding contractor performance. Initiates proper termination action when authorized in the event of contractor non-compliance with contract terms.
- Establishes and ensures cash handling, safety, sanitation and security procedures are adhered to.
- Maintains close liaison and coordinates with the NEXCOM Contracting Division to ensure maximum efficiency and timely achievement of procurement/contracting objectives as they apply to Vending Department operations.
- Establishes and implements a comprehensive ongoing training program for all Vending Department associates.
-Responsible for inventory control, warehouse storage, records maintenance, equipment repair, servicing, maintenance and installation of machines at activity and locations. Resolves customer complaints and initiates action to avoid recurrence.
- Supervises personnel, approves leave and vacation schedules, enforces work rules, establishes internal operating policies and procedures and initiates programs or projects to serve mission goals. Develops safe working conditions and practices and ensures adherence to same. Interviews and selects personnel, completes performance appraisals, reviews proposed disciplinary actions, resolves grievances and complaints and otherwise develops a cohesive work force.
- Will be required to travel to assigned activities within the district for short to long periods of time.
- Position requires associate to be on call for potential issues that arise after normal work hours.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
The incumbent of this position must file a Financial Disclosure Report (OGE) Form 450, as required.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: 1. Must possess a valid state driver's license.
2. Must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to operate a motor vehicle safely.
3. Must be able to pass appropriate background checks needed for the specific area of responsibility (e.g. Federal, DOD Security Clearance, etc.).
4. Pass the GSA defensive driving course