Senior Interior Designer
HVS Design, an industry-leading hospitality interior design firm, seeks a Senior Interior Designer to contribute to our success by designing and overseeing projects from concept design through construction contract administration. The Senior Design position is based in our fast-paced Rockville, Maryland office, but will work on projects across the country. .
SENIOR INTERIOR DESIGNER
- Lead the design efforts for all stages of a project from start to finish, including leadership with the client, contractors, and internal team.
- Assist in management of projects through developing project scope, schedules, job production, quality, and fee management.
- Lead programming, conceptualization, development and integration of strategic design solutions.
- Lead design presentations to clients and brand
- Consult with manufacturers, research, and evaluate materials.
- Coordinate and lead the preparation of all deliverables including:
- Mood boards
- Design presentations
- Rendered plans, elevations, and views
- Specifications and drawings
- Full set of construction drawings
- Coordinate with consultants
- Finish, hardware, & plumbing selection and specifications
- FF&E selection and budgets
- Custom furniture design and specification
- Millwork details
- Finish boards and/or boxes
- FF&E binders
- Document interior design drawings.
- Assist in construction administration including responding to RFI’s, preparing sketches, and visiting the construction site to gather information and/or prepare a punch list.
- Oversee the design work of others to ensure integrated and cohesive design, supervise preparation of drawings for all project phases, and ensure guidelines, quality control, standards and details.
- Lead all phases of the design process including programming and meeting brand standards.
- Supervise, develop and mentor Designers
- Work with Design Director to review scope, schedule, budget, staffing needs, and project milestones
- Ensure on-time delivery of all scheduled deliverables
- Represent firm and manage design coordination between clients and consultants
- Attend site visits and client presentations and coordination meetings
- BA in Interior Design or higher degree required (FIDER accredited preferred)
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of experience working within the Hospitality Design Industry
- Proficient in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Microsoft Office, and Photoshop. REVIT is a plus.
- Strong conceptual design approach
- Strong time management skills including the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with a team and ensure project deadlines are met.
- Strong experience in management and coordination of construction drawing sets with strong knowledge of construction detailing, materials, methods, and codes
- Strong experience in management and coordination of FF&E specification deliverables / implementation and available vendor/fabricators
- Collaborative, self-motivated, positive, and flexible with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have excellent customer service skills and be comfortable in interfacing with clients, brand, consultants, vendors and internal staff
- LEED accreditation is a plus
- General knowledge of accessibility, building codes, and technical requirements as it relates to hospitality architecture and design
- Ability to travel approximately 20-25% of the time
Excellent benefits, salary commensurate with experience. Send resume, design portfolio, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please