Student Trainee (Legal)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You must be enrolled in an accredited law degree program.
GS-9: Candidate must have master's or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B or J.D.
It is the policy of the Government not to deny employment simply because an individual has been unemployed or has had financial difficulties that have arisen through no fault of the individual. Information about an individual’s employment experience will be used only to determine the person’s qualifications and to assess his or her relative level of knowledge, skills, and abilities. Although an individual’s personal conduct may be relevant in any employment decision, including conduct during periods of unemployment or evidence of dishonesty in handling financial matters, financial difficulty that has arisen through no fault of the individual will generally not itself be the basis of an unfavorable suitability or fitness determination. Please use the following link for additional information: Mythbusters of Federal HiringRead more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your resume to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. Your resume must address the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed in the Qualifications Section. Your resume should clearly show possession of these competencies. The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Ability to utilize correct English grammar, punctuation, and spelling to communicate information (for example, facts, ideas, or messages) in a succinct and organized manner; skilled in producing written work product, which may include technical material, that is appropriate for the intended audience.
- Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, legal practices and documents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, government organization and functions, and the democratic political process.
- Ability to provide clear, accurate, and appropriately characterized written summaries and verbal briefings of procedural history and facts and issues of fact and law in assigned cases.
- Ability to use knowledge acquired through formal training or extensive on-the-job experience to perform one's duties; Ability to work with, understand, and evaluate government regulations related to the job;
- Ability to work collegiately with others on teams to accomplish job tasks.
CANDIDATES MUST PROVIDE TRANSCRIPTS IN ORDER FOR COURSEWORK TO BE VERIFIED; FAILURE TO INCLUDE TRANSCRIPTS WILL RESULT IN CANDIDATES NOT BEING CONSIDERED; TRANSCRIPTS MUST BE SUBMITTED AT TIME OF APPLICATION.
*SELF-PREPARED TRANSCRIPTS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No