25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
In order to qualify, you must meet the requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience includes, I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the NH-02 grade level in the Federal service which includes meeting broad objectives in providing communications and transmission capabilities and services. The services include, but are not limited to, design, implementation of standard configuration control techniques, interrelationships among software and cabling in order to maintain effective control during system implementations, team leadership, systems test and evaluations as well as site-surveys with documentation.At the time of application, you must have experience in an acquisition billet with experience in the Engineering Career Field, and at least three years in a program office, or similar organization. A wide range of computer engineering theories, concepts, and principles for the integration of complex acquisition programs. Experience involving the design, construction and operation of computer systems, including hardware, software and network. Experience leading a team, planning, prioritizing and assigning work.. Do you possess this required experience?
1) Administration and Management - Knowledge of planning, coordination, and execution of business functions, resource allocation, and production.
2) Communications - Communicate (i.e., written and oral) Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) rights, responsibilities, management directives, policies, and/or regulations to employees, supervisors, and/or other pertinent individuals.
3) Leadership - Influences, motivates, and challenges others; adapts leadership styles to a variety of situations.
4) Technical Documentation - Knowledge of procedures for developing technical and operational support documentation.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:Administration and Management:
Administration and Management
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- This position requires you to submit a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE 278) or a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE450) upon entry, and annually thereafter.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program CP#16 position.
- This is a Critical Acquisition Position.
- This position requires DAWIA Level III Certification in ENGINEERING/COMPUTER SCIENCE within the first two years of employment.
- This position requires a Secret clearance.
- You may claim military spouse preference.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; (2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 90 or above; and, (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.