Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
This position has a Basic Requirement for the 1102 series:
A bachelor's degree from an accredited educational institution authorized to grant baccalaureate degrees; AND at least 24 semester hours of study from an accredited institution of higher education in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management obtained within or in addition to the bachelor's degree
Graduate education in one or a combination of fields listed above. Current civilian personnel in DoD, who occupied GS-1102 positions or contracting positions with authority to award or administer contracts above the simplified acquisition threshold in an Executive Department on or before September 30, 2000, are exempt from meeting this requirement. Current civilian personnel in DoD, in any occupational series, who occupied a similar occupational specialty to the GS-1102 while serving in the military on or before September 30, 2000, are also exempt from meeting this requirement.
*NOTE: Failure to provide transcripts will result in you being rated ineligible for this position.
Foreign Education: For further information, click on the following link: FOREIGN EDUCATION
For further information, click on the following link:
The experience described in your resume will be evaluated and screened based on the Department of Defense qualifications standard. See: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/DoD_Qualification_Standard_For_GS-1102.pdf for DoD 1102 qualification standards, competencies and specialized experience needed to perform the duties of the position as described in the MAJOR DUTIES and QUALIFICATIONS sections of this announcement by 01/24/2019
Applicant must have directly applicable experience that demonstrates the possession of the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies necessary for immediate success in the position. Qualifying experience may have been acquired in any public or private sector job, but will clearly demonstrate past experience in the application of the particular competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to successfully perform the duties of the position. Such experience is typically in or directly related to the work of the position to be filled. Experience must be reflected in your resume.
Specialized experience required for this position is:
1. Serving as a Procuring Contracting Officer (PCO) on highly classified and/or multimillion dollar contracts.
2. Monitor contracting officers' standard operating procedures to ensure compliance with Public Laws, acquisition regulations, and other appropriate guidance.
3. Coordinating and controlling all contract, acquisition and procurement aspects of highly complex major defense space systems programs.
4. Facilitate and coordinate numerous pieces and phases of the acquisition process in order to achieve program office goals including mission and technical requirements.
Specifically you will be evaluated on the following competencies:
1. Contracting and Acquisition
2. Defense Acquisition Programs and Policies
3. Advanced Cost and/or Price Analysis
DAWAI: THIS IS A CRITICAL ACQUISITION POSITION (CAP). Unless specifically waived by the appropriate Component official (i.e. the Director of Acquisition Career Management for the component. the Service Acquisition Executive, or the Service Secretary) or if the Employee is "grandfathered" under 10 U.S.C. 1736 (1), the following are statutorily mandated requirements (Reference: 10 U.S.C. 1733 and 1737).
- Selectee must be a member of an Acquisition Corps at the time of appointment.
- Selectee must execute, as a condition of appointment, a written agreement to remain in Federal service in this position for at least three years. In signing such agreement, the employee does not forfeit any employment rights, nor does such alter any other terms or conditions of employment.
Please review the General Application Information and Definitions at: DOD GEN APP INFO
Substitution of education may not be used in lieu of specialized experience for this grade level.
This position is a Senior Level DCIPS position. DCIPS Senior Level positions include GG-14. The NRO is only accepting applications from both Federal Government employees and non-Federal Government employees for this position. Federal government employees, who currently are GS/GG-14, or equivalent may ONLY apply for lateral reassignment at their current grade level, step, and salary.
All current and former civilian Federal employees must submit a copy of your latest SF50 (Notification of Personnel Action) showing your tenure, grade and step, salary, and type of position occupied (i.e., Excepted or Competitive); or similar Notification of Personnel Action documentation, i.e., Transcript of Service, Form 1150, etc.
VETERANS PREFERENCE CURRENT OR FORMER FEDERAL
In accordance with DoD Instructions 1400.25 Volume 2005, veterans preference is not required to be applied when considering candidates with prior Federal competitive or excepted service who have completed a probationary or trial period and have not been separated for cause. Therefore, veterans preference will not be applied to applicants with current federal service, or former federal civilian service meeting the above criteria.
Re-employed Annuitant: This position does not meet criteria for re-employed annuitant. The DoD criteria for hiring Re-employed Annuitants can be found at:
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Programs: This program applies to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: 1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; 2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above; and 3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. For more information:
Please review the General Application Information and Definitions at:
General Application Information
- Applicants selected from this announcement may be required to serve a two-year trial period.
- If selected, Federal employees currently serving in the competitive service must acknowledge that they will voluntarily leave the competitive service by accepting an offer of employment for a DCIPS excepted service positions.
- If selected, NON-DCIPS candidates must acknowledge in writing that the position they have been selected for is in the excepted service and covered by DCIPS.
- Selection under this appointment authority does not confer civil service competitive status.
- All applicants must meet qualifications and eligibility criteria by the closing date of the announcement.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.