Podcast Editor – Producer
The purpose of this position is to create and produce regularly scheduled podcast episodes, some with material tied to content in The ASHA Leader magazine and Leader Live—the Leader's online site.
- Plan, solicit talent for, and script episodes for ASHA Leader podcasts.
- Coach and prepare podcast guests and interviewees for recording.
- Host and direct the podcast.
- Work in concert with ASHA Leader team members and ASHA subject matter experts to develop podcast content, looking for synergies between podcast topics and those covered in The ASHA Leader magazine and blog.
- Coordinate with podcast production vendor to edit and produce final podcast product.
- Develop and execute promotional plans for podcast content.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- BA/BS in Journalism, English, Mass Communication, or related field,
- 3–6 years' experience in journalism and written and audio content development.
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Demonstrated ability in writing and producing audio content for an educated professional audience.
- Ability to produce clear, engaging audio material.
- Strong audio production skills and familiarity with audio editing software.
- Knowledge of speech-language pathology, audiology, or related health/science discipline preferred.
- Ability to write and edit for online publications, create and link to online multimedia content, produce content in a content-management system, and work in a social media environment preferred.
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
When applying, please send a script and audio sample for review. Thank you.