PROFESSOR OF ENGINEERING MANAGEMENT (AGILE Software Development Emphasis)
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 30% for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- DAU participates in e-Verify with the DHS and USCIS
Experience: In-depth knowledge and experience in developing and acquiring software for National Security Systems (NSS) or Defense Business Systems (DBS) programs or industry equivalent. Demonstrated software assurance, design, planning, provenance, testing, implementation and maintenance efforts to support the planning and execution of acquisition programs from a government or industry perspective. Demonstrated successful performance within the defense (government) sector or private (commercial) sectors related to DoD software or IT systems development and acquisition is required. Within the planning and execution functions, specific expertise is required in problem solving using critical thinking for software assessment. Experience in managing software development projects using AGILE methods is required. Experience in conducting DevOps is highly desired. Experience acquiring Cloud Services is highly desired. DAWIA level III certification in the Information Technology or Engineering career fields is highly desired.
Professional certifications such as AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, DevOps Foundation Certification, DevOps Leader (DOL) Certification, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP), ScrumMaster (CSM), ICAgile Certified Professional in Agile Coaching (ICP-ACC), AWS Cloud Computing Certification are desired.
Foundational Learning (Learning Asset Management (Curriculum Development and Teaching): Ability to develop learning objectives and corresponding content. Ability to identify major takeaways, manage test banks and curriculum changes. Ability to teach and facilitate adult learning. This includes: the ability to communicate (orally and in writing) complex managerial and technical material to students with different backgrounds and experiences; a proficiency in delivery methods such as guided discussions, short lectures, role plays, problem-based learning (PBL) and case studies; the ability to incorporate the learner's experience into the learning process along with the ability to motivate learners to participate actively in the learning process; and the ability to organize information. Typical courses are 1, 2, or 4 weeks in duration. Instruction is provided both on campus and off-site, which will require approximately 30% travel (TDY).
Performance Learning (Consulting): Ability to consult with DoD clients at various levels of authority from mid-grade to general officers/SES, including but not limited to areas related to software development, testing and fielding. Experience in coaching individuals and programs is desired.
Workflow Learning Asset Management: Ability to manage or develop both in-residence and online learning assets/products for the Information Technology (IT) and Engineering career fields or other DoD Acquisition Workforce members. This ability must include the continuous assessment, currency, and quality of these artifacts. Experience with distance learning, continuous learning modules and communities of practice is preferred.
Serves as a Professor of Engineering Management with extensive engineering knowledge and experience in the engineering management of large and complex military systems. Positive Education Requirement for 0854 series: Must possess a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a related field such as Software Engineering, IT Management, Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
Multiple vacancies may be filled within the Defense Acquisition University.
DAU has a comprehensive benefits package that includes retirement, social security, and thrift savings; health, life, and long term care insurance; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays. DAU employees enjoy flexible work schedules, transit subsidy, and the opportunity to telecommute.
For additional information on specific health benefits, life insurance, retirement, etc. please visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp.
For additional information on the Thrift Savings Plan please visit: http://www.tsp.gov.
For additional Veteran's information please visit: http://www.usajobs.gov/ei/VetPreference.asp or http://www.fedshirevets.gov
- You must have achieved DAWIA Level III certification in Engineering or alternatively, you must have the ability to obtain the required certification for the position within 24 months of appointment.
- If selected for this position, you are subject to the completion of a satisfactory background investigation.
- You will be required to become a member of the Acquisition Corps. DoD instruction 5000.58R specifies qualification standards for Corps membership (waiver of some of these standards is in the limited possible circumstances described in the instruction).
- You will be required to join the DAU Faculty Plan as established by Title 10 of the US Code. This position is in the excepted service (non-career). Candidates currently in the competitive service will be required to sign a statement indicating that they are leaving the competitive services voluntarily to accept an appointment in the excepted service.
- Initial appointment is made for a period of four years, conditional upon satisfactory completion of a DAU probationary period of one year. Every year, as part of an annual review, consideration is given to extending the appointment; thus, service at DAU can be extended indefinitely.
- If selected for this position, you MUST be able to begin work within 30 days of acceptance.
- Drug Testing: This position may be subject to random drug testing
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): You must be well qualified for the position to receive special selection priority under the ICTAP. A qualified ICTAP eligible achieving a score of 85 or above will be considered "well qualified". For more information, go to: http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap(http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap)
- Reemployed Annuitants: Department of Defense has the authority to hire annuitants without reduction in pay. For more information, go to: http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V300.pdf
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application. Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Traditional rating and ranking of applications does not apply to this vacancy. Your application (resume and supporting documentation) will be evaluated to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications required as listed on the announcement under qualification requirements.
Veterans' preference eligibility is treated as a positive factor when making a selection from external sources. It is applied when the organization makes a final selection from the candidates with substantially equal qualifications as described in the Best Meets Mission Requirements definition below. If you are a veteran claiming veterans' preference, as defined by section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you must submit documents verifying your eligibility with your application package.
Best Meets Mission Requirements definition: Applicant has the knowledge, skills, abilities, and/or competencies to substantially exceed the minimum qualification requirements for the position. This equates to the best qualified assessment criteria established for the vacancy and based on overall demonstrated experience, education, training, appraisals/evaluations, job-related awards, certifications, honors and relevant outside activities.
Appropriate experts within the Defense Acquisition University will evaluate applications. Salary determination is based on the requirements of the position as well as the qualifications of the selected applicant as aligned with the evaluation criteria for the Pay Band. Additional information can be found at http://www.dau.mil/AboutDAU/AboutDocs/DAU_Faculty_Plan.pdf
Pay Band A: Minimum Prerequisites
You must possess a Bachelor's Degree and have at least 4 years of experience in the appropriate functional area in either government or industry.
Pay Band B: Minimum Prerequisites
You must possess a Master's Degree in a related area from an accredited college or university and at least 6 years of experience in the appropriate functional area in either a government or industry position.
Pay Band C: Minimum Prerequisites
You must possess a Master's Degree in a related area from an accredited college or university and at least 8 years of experience in the appropriate functional area in either a government or industry position.
The President of DAU can waive all criteria
Background checks and security clearance
Public Trust - Background Investigation (https://www.usajobs.gov//Help/faq/job-announcement/security-clearances/)