Security Assistance Specialist
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 10% temporary duty travel time for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social).
You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes collaborating with multiple organizations on development and implementation of security assistance and armaments cooperation policies; representing an organizations program matters/issues to all levels of interest, both internal and external to the organization; providing policy and procedures with regard to the development, implementation and management of Foreign Military Sales (FMS)letters of offer and acceptance (LOAs), leases, grants and weapons transfer initiatives under the security assistance and armaments cooperation programs. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-13) or NH-03.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- Organizational Awareness
- Planning and Evaluating
- Strategic Thinking
This is a DoD Civilian Acquisition Workforce Personnel Demonstration Project (AcqDemo) position in the Business Management and Technical Management Professional career path (NH), broadband level IV with a salary range of $114,590 to $164,200.
This position is covered by control points. The control point salary range is $114,590 to $150,693 including locality. Management will set the selectee's pay for this position within the control point salary range consistent with qualifications/education of the selectee and the expected contribution of the position. Locality of 28.22% is included.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- This is an Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce position. Selectees must meet position requirements for certification at Level 3 in the Acquisition Career Field Program Management within 24 months of entrance on duty.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 60 - position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- This position is obligated. An obligated position is one to which an employee has statutory restoration rights based on active military service, compensable injury or disability when fully recovered, return rights based on having served an overseas tour(s), and may also cover employees who have been on extended leave without pay under certain circumstances. During the obligation period, the position may be filled on a temporary or permanent basis. The selected employee is required to sign an agreement acknowledging that (s)he is aware of the obligation and accepts the fact that (s)he may be displaced under reduction in force procedures at a later time.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website. Read more Security clearance Secret Drug test required No