Senior Advisor, Pricing Strategy & Managed Services
Your role in helping us shape the future:
You will play a vital role in a team of professionals focused on designing, implementing and owning the pricing strategy for Intelsat's current and future managed product and service offerings. You will manage the development of service and package pricing through Intelsat's product development lifecycle. You will drive consistent pricing methodologies across platforms, and support Intelsat's rapid growth strategy. In this role, you will have the opportunity to collaborate extensively with the wholesale pricing team, product marketing, product management, partner marketing, sales, and finance to accelerate growth across our company as Intelsat creates next generation product offerings and gigabyte packages. You will regularly advise senior management on trends in managed service pricing and make recommendations to increase profitability.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Manage team responsible for new product and package pricing.
- Develop common costing model for various service plans, including minutes, Mbps, Gbytes, CIR/MIR, etc.
- Team with component pricing team to ensure yields/pricing for new products and services is accretive to Intelsat's wholesale business.
- Work with product vertical owners and sales leadership to develop pricing promotions for new product/service launches.
- Develop forward looking models to analyze potential impacts to pricing trends to core business.
- Drive pricing implementation in conjunction with Deal Management teams ensuring consistent discounting methodology is followed/tracked/reported.
- Price both wholesale and retail product packages, defining distributor margins and business rules.
- Provide training to sales on pricing new products/services/packages.
- Support annual business plan providing pricing assumptions to be used on new business and renewal modeling.
- Partner with Market Intelligence and Deal Management teams to proactively utilize competitive intelligence to ensure Intelsat has the correct balance (competitiveness and price level).
- Coach, mentor and develop team.
Can you drive these processes?
- Support Intelsat's Pricing Excellence Program in conjunction with Component Pricing team and Corporate Strategy.
- Own pricing strategy and pricing approvals supporting Intelsat's Product Development Lifecycle process for new products/services.
You should definitely have:
- 4-year college degree.
- 12 years work experience in pricing both retail and wholesale product packages.
- Expertise pricing either Mobile Satellite Services or Cellular services.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to effectively articulate insights and create convincing executive level presentations.
- A complete understanding of FSS networking applications including basic familiarity with terrestrial, hub and communication equipment.
- Understanding of finance (focus), marketing, engineering, and sales activities and must be able to create cross-functional teams to meet the objectives of the organization and needs of our customers.
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills with demonstrated ability to accumulate, evaluate and generate insights from large and disparate data sources.
It would be nice if you had:
- Advanced degree
- Change Management leadership experience
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
Other Job Info:
- Position requires a self-starter, able to work autonomously towards pre-defined objectives and be able to adapt to changing requirements and ad-hoc requests.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.