Director, Continuing Education
Altarum is seeking an experienced Director to oversee a growing portfolio of continuing education offerings. The Director of CE will work with the Director of the Center for Appropriate Care and other Center Leadership to set strategic priorities and will be responsible for the overall CE operations and functions across the CE team, including the medical director, Accreditation Manager, and CE business development manager. The CE Director will be responsible for providing strategic leadership for development of new CME/MOC programs, pursuit of interprofessional accreditations, prioritization of client outreach, management of CE infrastructure and resources, pricing of CE offerings and incorporation of CE offerings into business proposals across Altarum’s six Centers. The CE Director will work closely with CAC’s Medical Director and other CE Team members. The ideal candidate will have experience overseeing continuing education programs and will need to be able to perform well in a fast-paced environment, be knowledgeable of the continuing education and medical education market, be self-directed, motivated, and possess a strong attention to detail.
- Provide strategic leadership and oversight for Altarum’s collection of CE offerings that span projects housed in multiple Centers.
- Coordinate the CE Leadership Team made up of CAC’s Medical Director, Accreditation Manager, Clinical Nurse Educator and BD Manager.
- Participate with the CE Leadership Team in monthly or quarterly meetings with Center and Executive level leadership and coordinate CE Team recommendations to Center/Executive leadership.
- Collaborate with the Accreditation Manager to ensure all CME/MOC programs meet and exceed all compliance requirements. Supervise new applications for accreditation and reaccreditation procedures.
- Oversee CE infrastructure and related budgets including Learning Management System and virtual meeting and recording software.
- Work with Accreditation Manager and CE Team members to develop key procedures and protocols; review and update on a yearly basis.
- When applicable, obtain approval for and revise CE activities and curriculums in cooperation with the Medical Director, Clinical Nurse Educator and appropriate education advisory committee members.
- Develop, maintain and expand relationships and funding opportunities in collaboration with CE Business Development Manager.
- Develop revenue model for continuing medical education programs and maintain understanding of industry trends and needs.
- Participate, lead and contribute towards dissemination of CME/MOC program results including presentations and publications.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Business, Education, Instructional Design, Educational Psychology, Public Health, Health Care Administration or other related field, PhD preferred.
- Five years’ experience working with CE, CME and/or MOC programs required; minimum of two years’ of experience leading or directing CE/CME programs required.
- Experience with Performance Improvement/Quality Improvement CE initiatives strongly preferred.
- Proven track record in (1) building and maintaining relationships with funders and securing CE grant funding or (2) working as a provider of CE grant funding.
- Extensive understanding of healthcare continuing education for physicians, nurse Practitioners, nurses, pharmacists, dentists, social workers, compliance rules and regulations including knowledge of ACCME and ABMS guidelines.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), as well as client relations and data management programs.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner within a team and with external community contacts.
Altarum Institute (Altarum) is a nonprofit organization headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Altarum serves the public good by solving complex systems problems to improve human health. Altarum creates and implements solutions to advance health among vulnerable and publicly-insured populations. Public sector clients include the U.S. Department of Defense, Department of Health and Human Services, Department of Agriculture, Department of Veterans Affairs, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, and various state agencies nationwide. Altarum also serves clients in the philanthropic and private sectors. Areas of expertise include health data and analytics; value-based care; public health systems design, development and information exchange; behavioral health and substance use disorders; childhood and adolescent health; medical education; food and nutrition; consumer engagement; elder care; health disparities and equity; and military and veterans’ health.
Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with disability.