We are looking for a LAN Administrator who will help manage Microsoft servers and clients, including over 250 servers and 250 clients. Incumbent will perform a variety of maintenance, evaluation, installation, remediation and training tasks to enable users and customers to maximize productivity. He/she will enforce security procedures and assist in the planning, deployment, and maintenance of corporate hardware and software.
The successful candidate will have a bachelor's degree in a computer-related field and 5+ years of related experience of which three (3) must be with specialized experience.
- Specialized experience includes:
- Knowledge and analysis of TCP/IP, SMTP, and SMB protocols.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or equivalent is a must.
- Must have experience with all aspects of communication networks planning, system security, installation, and support.
- Incumbent must possess strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and troubleshoot is required.
- Strong planning, organizational skills and attention to detail are a must.
- Implementation of plans and procedures are also required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are a must.
- Must have a broad understanding of principles, concepts and techniques of a technical support area including the impact on peripheral business areas.
- Incumbent must exhibit significant independent judgment. Must be able to independently organize own work to meet established objectives.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency and ability to implement his/her work with stablished guidelines on the following technologies: Active Directory, Office 365, malware protection and prevention, basic networking, Microsoft Office, SQL, VMWare, IIS, SSL, general email technology, Hewlett Packard hardware and Insight Manager, SharePoint, NetApp and Nimble storage.
- Ability to acquire or demonstrate proficiency with minimal oversight on the following technologies is preferred: image deployment (MDT, Ghost, SCCM, Clonezilla, FOG, etc.), TMG, Veeam, Networker, MDM, and Websense.
- Familiarity with scripting languages is highly preferred.
- Must be able to work independently on moderately complex tasks with little instruction.
- Ability to work in parallel on multiple assignments is needed.