Jr. Communications/Security Analyst - 1794
The MIL Corporation seeks a Jr. Communications/Security Analyst to support a Federal Government client at our Patuxent River, MD location. The Systems Administrator will interface between the RDT&E network and its external labs, performing System Administration and support.
• Ensure configuration control procedures
• Document maintenance, repair and test activities
• Create and maintain user accounts, and install hardware/software
• Monitor status of LAN/WAN and circuit switching systems
• Operate test equipment to ensure circuit, system and network signals meet minimum standards; perform circuit, systems and network patching, and cross connecting to establish, sustain and restore service
• Perform QA evaluations to ensure compliance with technical orders and manufacturer specification sheets
• Control physical data link and transport layers of installed communications and computer systems required to operate cryptographic equipment
• Analyze equipment capabilities and performance, and diagnose and repair problems
• Maintain and create reports, schematics and databases
• Research data and develop analytical techniques and methodologies
• BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or an information technology-intensive discipline and 1 year of relevant experience supporting NAVAIR.
• Familiar with documenting Network Diagrams using Visio, Configuring Cisco routers and basic network troubleshooting.
• Programming experience in C, C++ and Java.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Very good verbal and written communication skills
• Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs., and occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 40 lbs.
• 15% Travel to other sites
• Secret Clearance
• Security+ certification
• Top Secret clearance
BS in Computer Science, Information Systems
All applicants for this position must possess a Secret clearance and be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance; please note that the clearance process takes into account financial background aspects.
The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #CJP