English Teacher, Virtual Loudoun, Term 2
Under general supervision of the Virtual Loudoun Supervisor,provides an instructional program consistent with the goals and objectives ofthe School Division as we strive toward deeper learning; implements an engagingand effective, personalized learning program though the Loudoun County PublicSchool's Learning Management System utilizing high yield online learning strategies and digital content thatis aligned to targeted instruction to meet individual student learning needs;works with the program staff and community to maintain an atmosphere conduciveto learning and appropriate student behavior on an online environment; performsother duties as assigned.* Participate in professional development activities and staff meetings, as required or assigned
* Implement professional development expectations and regularly use formative data (observations, student reflections, quick checks, digital content usage, etc.) and student academic data to monitor success and continuously improve personalized learning experiences for student success
* Continually assess, document, and share student achievement data with students to create goals and maintain appropriate assessment and evaluation documentation for institutional and individual reporting purposes
* Plan and implement appropriate online instructional and/or learning strategies and activities, including determination of appropriate kind and level of materials, provide appropriate learning experiences, manage allotted learning time to maximize student achievement, and utilize a variety of instructional materials and available multi-media and computer technology to enhance learning
* Manage the behavior of online learners in an instructional setting to ensure that the online environment is conducive to the learning process.
* Collaborate and coordinate instructional activities with Virtual Loudoun Instructional Designer and members of his/her course CLT as required, to maximize personalized learning opportunities for students
* Communicate with parents through email, phone conferences, and other means
A person in this position reports to the Virtual Loudoun Supervisor
Must have or be eligible for Virginia licensure with endorsement(s) required for teaching assignment(s).
Successful completion of LCPS's Online Teacher Methodology Course or an equivalent.
Knowledge of content, curriculum, methods, materials, and equipment of instructional specialty(ies) to which assigned in online teaching; knowledge of pre-adolescent and adolescent growth and development; knowledge of Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) curriculum related to assignments and School Division mission, goals, and organization; ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory to instructional programs; skill in the use of multi-media and computer technology to enhance learning; ability to plan and implement lessons based on Division and school objectives and the needs and abilities of students to whom assigned; ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, peers, administrators, and parents; skill in oral and written communications; excellent human relations skills.