Senior Services Design Engineer
6 days left
- Full Time
Join an innovative team that is responsible for evolving the customer experience by establishing globalized connectivity without boundaries. By reaching beyond the satellite industry to leverage the broader communications landscape, our vision will define the performance and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Your role in helping us shape the future:
As a senior contributor, the Senior Design Services Engineer will perform services design requirement analysis, development of product-specific architectures, lab testing and evaluation, prototype demonstration, and technical documentation across Network Engineering. You will drive best practice development by providing consistent design methodology and modeling for asset management, provisioning standards, fault management analysis, utilization and performance monitoring, and security requirements. In conjunction with Design Development, this role will interact with Intelsat upstream and downstream teams to define detailed Statement of Work (SOW) documentation. We are looking for a engineers that are familiar with the integration of existing and emerging technologies. In collaboration with other senior SME's, this position will mentor junior team members and assist in the creation of a training environment for the Deployment and Operations teams. In addition, you will provide Level 4 services support to the Operations team.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Provide support on all existing and proposed architecture working with other team members
- Perform engineering calculation related to design that requires the application of standard engineering
- Collaborate extensively with Deployment Engineers and the Development Engineering Teams.
- Provide support for documentation required on new designs in collaboration with other team members.
- Collaborate with Project Managers to ensure the success of the design tasks.
- Work closely with other Engineers to support of all designs.
- Practice and enforce compliance with current operating standards, to best assess effectiveness and process alignment.
- Enhance training materials and deliver ongoing training to Operations team members.
Can you drive these processes?
Design end-to-end customer solutions for VSAT Platforms; Systems design and integration; KPI Data Gathering and Analysis; Manage Vendor Hardware and Software life cycles; Manage new product and feature enhancements; Provide consultation / SME support for internal and external customers.
You should have:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar discipline with at least three (3) years of network and/or systems experience (or an equivalent amount of education and work experience).
- Medium-level knowledge of system hub components and VSAT Terminals and VSAT Antennas
- Experience with IP routing protocols, including but not limited to: BGP, EIGRP, RIP-1/2
- Entry-level knowledge of switching technologies including but not limited to; IGMP, 802.XX, Gigabit Ethernet, 10G Ethernet, Vlan/Trunking (802.1q And ISL), Etherchannel, Spanning Tree (STP), HSRP, VRRP.
- Possesses documentation skills required for SOW's, RFP's, design and planning documents, etc.
- Possesses strong communication and analytical skills required.
- Ability to analyze complex situations and utilize creative problem-solving abilities.
It would be nice if you had:
- Medium-level knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Experience with traffic management systems such as Allot, PacketShaper or Sandvine
- Knowledge of RF (C Band, Ku band), IF, L-Band and RF systems and teleport technologies is highly desired.
- Knowledge of various Modulation and Coding schemes for DVB-S, DVB-S2 and DVB-S2X is highly desired.
- Scripting/coding skills are desirable.
What it's like to work with us:
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
Other Job Info:
- Must be able and willing to travel domestically and internationally.
- Must be able and willing to perform physical support activities (e.g. cable tracing/running and racking, stacking, replacing and installing hardware) as requested.
- You will interact with Intelsat upstream and downstream teams to define detailed Statement of Work (SOW) documentation.
- Job requires ability to sit for long periods of time
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.