Administrative Assistant IV
About Fairfax Water
Fairfax Water is a respected leader in the drinking water industry, supplying drinking water to nearly two million people in the communities of Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William, Herndon, Vienna, Alexandria, Falls Church, and Fairfax City. We are Virginia’s largest water utility and one of the 25 largest water utilities in the country, serving one of every five Virginians who obtain their water from public utilities. We aim to uphold customer trust by providing water of exceptional quality and reliability at a reasonable price, supporting the high quality of life and economic vitality of Northern Virginia.
Description – Administrative Assistant IV
Fairfax Water has an immediate opening for an Administrative Assistant IV. This position will perform advanced administrative and office management tasks and oversee projects and programs as assigned while exercising considerable judgment and independent action.
Essential functions include:
- Preparing, proofreading, editing and processing a variety of complex business and technical correspondence including memos, statistical tables and charts, reports, purchase requisitions, and other related material.
- Managing logistics and schedules for assigned staff.
- Serving as a representative of their assigned supervisor, as delegated, in meetings and other dealings with Fairfax Water staff and the public.
- Preparing complex work sheets and tables using spreadsheets and interpreting the data.
- Using SAP to enter, maintain and update files, records and logs as necessary.
- Using SAP to analyze and prepare reports and other business documents as necessary.
Graduation from high school or equivalent supplemented by general business practice courses and a minimum of five years progressively responsible related administrative experience, or any equivalent combination of education, experience and knowledge. Ability to manage complex records, assemble records into raw data, organize, analyze and transform data into pertinent information and prepare reports from said information.
To review the full requirements for the position please go to our website at www.fairfaxwater.org and apply online. Fairfax Water offers competitive salaries as well as a comprehensive benefits package, including excellent health insurance, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, and a defined benefit retirement plan. The salary range for this position is $46,654.19 to $76,430.43 per annum. Applications must be received by January 21, 2019.