Project Associate, Personalized Learning Consortium
Project Associate, Personalized Learning Consortium (PLC)
Executive Director, Personalized Learning Consortium (PLC)
$45,000 - $55,000 per year
The Association of Public and Land-grant Universities (APLU), a research, policy and advocacy organization dedicated to strengthening and advancing the work of public universities in the US, Canada and Mexico, is seeking a Project Associate to support the Personalized Learning Consortium (PLC). This highly motivated individual will work well in a team and provide administrative support for PLC activities and events related to funded grant work. Specific duties include coordination of project logistics and activities, event planning and management, developing and implementing communications plans including website management, scheduling multi-organizational meetings, managing virtual meetings, and reviewing budget documentation. Successful candidates will thrive in a fast-paced environment, have strong organizational and interpersonal skills, and possess a keen attention to detail. This full-time position will be based in Washington, DC and is funded through February 2021, with the possibility of extension. For more information, consult www.aplu.org.
APLU is a research, policy, and advocacy organization dedicated to strengthening and advancing the work of public universities in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. With a membership of 239 public research universities, land-grant institutions, state university systems, and affiliated organizations, APLU's agenda is built on the three pillars of increasing degree completion and academic success, advancing scientific research, and expanding engagement. Annually, member campuses enroll 4.9 million undergraduates and 1.3 million graduate students, award 1.3 million degrees, employ 1.3 million faculty and staff, and conduct $44.9 billion in university-based research.
The Personalized Learning Consortium (PLC) at APLU offers participating institutions a robust strategy for understanding, implementing and scaling the use of technologies designed to personalize and improve the education experience. Comprised of 15 universities, the consortium fosters multi-institutional cooperation and collaboration among academic affairs leaders to advance the use of technology to improve student learning, retention, and graduation. For more information, please consult www.aplu.org/plc.
The Project Associate will be primarily responsible to provide logistical and administrative support to the PLC which includes, but is not limited to:
- Maintaining all web-based collaboration tools where activities for grant will be tracked.
- Assisting in writing, proofreading, preparing, and distributing materials.
- Communicating with multiple constituents and outside agencies on behalf of the PLC.
- Composing standard communications with PLC members; editing and handling correspondence and other documents.
- Organizing and arranging logistics for PLC meetings.
- Assisting with calendaring, expense reports, tracking correspondence and projects, and planning schedules of the PLC team members.
- Supporting external grant writing and project management.
- Supporting PLC budget management and tracks expenditures, time and effort; prepares expense reports in accordance with APLU policies and procedures
- Providing other programmatic support as needed to support the goals and objectives of the project.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Two plus years’ experience working in an office environment that utilizes cloud-based software.
- Demonstrated expertise with web-based collaboration tools (e.g., Zoom, Smartsheets, Dropbox).
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects and deadlines at once. Ability to identify and establish priorities, work independently, and exercise sound judgment related to providing support and assistance.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, cross-functional, team as well as an ability to carry out tasks independently. Ability to establish effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills are required. Thorough knowledge and experience in building project management systems, filing systems, and general office procedures preferred.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills which must be effective and courteous, requiring high integrity when dealing with a broad array of backgrounds and cultures.
- Event planning experience with budgets, logistics, and deliverables.
- Strong communications and writing skills for various audiences and purposes (e.g., press, university leaders, general public, and funding agencies). Experience designing reports, white papers, and other deliverables. Experience in uploading website documents to maintain a current website design.
- Highly skilled in use of Microsoft Suite (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint) Willingness to learn new technology especially cloud-based tools which may change as projects change
- Passion for the APLU mission.
- Ability to travel domestically as needed.
Please send a letter of interest and resume to APLU’s Human Resources Department at email@example.com with the subject line: Project Associate PLC. Applications will be reviewed as received and continue until the position is filled. APLU provides a generous benefits package.
APLU is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.