We’re looking for a developer with the skills needed to help build and customize content management systems, and to integrate third-party applications that enhance site performance and functionality. This role is more than just coding. We are looking for someone who is adaptable, collaborative, and interested in working alongside other agile team members to learn about and tackle current and emerging technologies.
Our clients include some of the biggest names in biomedical research and public health, and our mission is to improve lives through better communication.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to understand requirements, communicate about designs, and implement requirements.
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and colleagues.
- Use agile project processes and tools to meet delivery milestones and quality expectations.
- Produce clean, efficient and well commented code based on specifications.
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting.
- Integrate third-party software components.
- Participate in integrated team code reviews.
- Perform unit and integration testing before launch.
- Conduct functional and non-functional testing.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated experience working as part of a collaborative team to create products
- 2-3 years experience with CSS, SASS, Bootstrap, and HTML5
- 1-2 years Drupal theming
- 2-3 years programming using PHP and/or Python
- 2-3 years experience customizing WordPress components
- Able to architect and write well documented code that adheres to coding standards
- Experience with source control management systems, including Bitbucket
- Desire and ability to continue to refine your development skills
- Complementary/specialized skills such as migration, front-end development, UX, design, accessibility, performance, system administration/operations, security/compliance are also a plus
- Permanent U.S. Resident or a U.S. Citizen
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
You’ll earn bonus points if you have:
- Drupal module development
- Experience with JIRA and agile development workflows
- Experience deploying code using a DevOps framework
- Experience with test-driven development and unit testing tools
- Google Analytics
- Section 508 compliance and WCAG 2.0
This is a full-time, staff position located at Palladian's headquarters in Silver Spring, Maryland. Palladian offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, and the satisfaction that comes from working on interesting, meaningful projects every day. Palladian's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Palladian Partners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.