Supervisor for Mailing/Printing
This position will supervise the mailing and printing operations for the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops:
- Supervise staff and all day-to-day mailing and printing services.
- Inspect deliverables to ensure quality/timeliness during and after production process.
- Coordinate major printing projects to coincide with established mail/delivery mode schedules, including bishops’ weekly mailing; and administrative, general and committee meetings.
- Ensure confidential handling of customer data, documents, mail and packages.
- Advise customers on best practices for accomplishing their printing and mailing needs.
- Keep current with technologies in the fields of digital printing, and binding.
- Keep current with USPS, UPS, and FEDEX procedures.
- Provide cost estimating for all in-house printing.
- Review all requests for payment and coordinate charge-back procedures to departments for mailing and printing services.
- Oversee daily cash intake and process in accordance with USCCB policy.
- Maintain database of bishops for weekly bishops mailing
- Monitor all contractors and vendors for quality and cost-effectiveness of service.
- Train and provide continued technical development for staff.
- Perform special projects as assigned
Requirements: Associate degree or combination of college and directly related work experience. Major Field/Specialty: Business Administration, Business Management, Digital Printing. Extensive knowledge of digital printing, including Adobe Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop software. Experience with Fiery Command Workstation. Knowledge of postal operation. Competence in Microsoft Office, Excel, Power Point and Publisher for Mailing and Printing Systems. Good verbal and written communications skills Must possess a valid motor vehicle license.