6 days left
- Full Time
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- DAU participates in e-Verify with the DHS and USCIS.
Bachelor's degree required in a technical field that requires significant work in systems and financial management (finance management, accounting, economics, or auditing). Master's degree preferred. At least 24 semester hours in accounting/ auditing; a combination statistics, finance, mathematics, probability, statistics, mathematical logic, science, or subject-matter courses requiring substantial competence in college-level mathematics or statistics. 4 years of accounting/ auditing experience. Additional related experience may substitute for additional educational credentials. Possesses DoD Certified Government Finance Manager (CGFM) required; Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required or Certified Internal Auditor preferred or obtain the certification within the required time frame. Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate complex ideas and ideas to teams, stakeholders and executive leadership.
This position is in the DoD Financial Management (FM) Certification Program at Level 3. The selectee shall achieve FM Certification Level 3 within two years and satisfy continuing education training (CET) requirements to maintain FM Certification at Level 3 as a condition of employment.
- A minimum of four years of related experience is required.
- Experience in conducting DoD Management Internal Controls Plans (MICP).
- Experience in conducting Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness, Sustainment, and Remediation assessments and corrections.
- Experience conducting audits, developing and managing management action plans, writing recommendations.
Experience in data analysis.
- Experience auditing transactions using commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) software and government financial enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems, preferably the Defense Agencies Initiative (DAI) ERP with strong government financial background.
- Experience in developing and accessing standard operating procedures, workflows, and policies.
- Experience with the overall budget formulation and execution of funds following the DoD Planning, Programming, and Budgeting Execution (PPBE) process.
There is no substitution of experience for education for this position.
DAU has a comprehensive benefits package that includes retirement, social security, and thrift savings; health, life, and long term care insurance; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays. DAU employees enjoy flexible work schedules, transit subsidy, and the opportunity to telecommute.
For additional information on specific health benefits, life insurance, retirement, etc. please visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp.
For additional information on the Thrift Savings Plan please visit: http://www.tsp.gov.
For additional Veteran's information please visit: http://www.usajobs.gov/ei/VetPreference.asp or http://www.fedshirevets.gov?
- If selected for this position, you are subject to the completion of a satisfactory background investigation.
- If selected for this position, you MUST be able to begin work within 30 days of acceptance
- Initial Probationary Period: You will be required to serve an initial probationary period of 2 years if one has not already been completed.
- Drug Testing: This position may be subject to random drug testing.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Traditional rating and ranking of applications does not apply to this vacancy. Your application (resume and supporting documentation) will be evaluated to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications required as listed on the announcement under qualification requirements.
Veterans' preference eligibility is treated as a positive factor when making a selection from external sources. It is applied when the organization makes a final selection from the candidates with substantially equal qualifications as described in the Best Meets Mission Requirements definition below. If you are a veteran claiming veterans' preference, as defined by section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you must submit documents verifying your eligibility with your application package.
Best Meets Mission Requirements definition: Applicant has the knowledge, skills, abilities, and/or competencies to substantially exceed the minimum qualification requirements for the position. This equates to the best qualified assessment criteria established for the vacancy and based on overall demonstrated experience, education, training, appraisals/evaluations, job-related awards, certifications, honors and relevant outside activities.
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills, and can provide valuable training and experience that translates to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.