SENIOR OPERATIONS ANALYST
25% or less - You may be expected to travel up to 25% of the time for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social).
You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes 1) procuring biometric systems for an assigned project or program by establishing contractual terms of agreement 2) analyzing programmatic data/information to include financial, logistical or delivery of services in support of the Foreign Military Sales (FMS) process and 3) preparing FMS documentation to include Letter of Request (LOR), Life Cycle Sustainment Plan (LCSP), Systems Engineering Plan (SEP) or Test and Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP) for the implementation of contract solicitation.This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service NH-03 or GS-13.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- Acquisition Strategy
- Oral Communication
- Program/Project Management
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 51 position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement. The selection may be made by another PEO in the same duty location.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- You will be required to undergo background investigation leading to the successful adjudication of eligibility for a Secret security clearance. Derogatory information developed during the background investigation, such as a criminal history, could render the selectee ineligible for both the security clearance and continued employment in the position, if already appointed.
- Position may be filled as a temporary promotion or temporary reassignment NTE 5 years by a current permanent Army employee. Temporary promotions or reassignments may be extended up to a maximum of five years and may be made permanent without further competition.
- Position may be filled as a term appointment NTE 5 years, if the candidate is not a current permanent Army Employee. Term appointments may be extended up to a maximum of six years.
- Non-competitive conversion of an employee to a career-conditional appointment may be approved and eligible under specific conditions.
- Employees hired under the modified term appointment are in a non-permanent status but may be eligible for non-competitive conversion to a career-conditional (permanent) appointment.
- This position is a modified term appointment and is based on the term appointment authority that exists in the Civil Service system, but extends the time period to five years with an additional one-year approved extension.
- This is a TERM, time limited position NTE 5 years. It may be extended up to a total of six (6) years.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; (2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 90 or above; and, (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website. Read more Security clearance Secret Drug test required Yes