Education Support Specialist II
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Salary will range from the low- to mid-$30,000s and is commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Transfer Credit Coordinator
The George Mason University Office of Admissions is seeking a detail-oriented Transfer Credit Coordinator to evaluate and process transfer credit to incoming Mason students. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The Office of Admissions is a fast-paced office that serves all prospective transfer students. The office seeks a customer service-driven individual interested in joining the Transfer Team who will build and maintain relationships with prospective students; helping them navigate the admissions process through phone, e-mail, social media and face-to-face meetings. This individual will assist with the recruitment of prospective transfer and online students, and the review of admissions applications. They will evaluate and process transfer credit to incoming Mason students. The candidate will be expected to work in collaboration with other team members across the university and the Admissions Office to ensure excellent customer service and drive enrollment among diverse student populations.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a hectic, deadline-driven environment often working on multiple tasks concurrently;
- Superior written and oral communication skills;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Computer literacy and willingness to learn new software applications;
- Proven ability to work positively as a team member;
- Demonstrated customer service experience;
- Previous experience working in an office setting;
- Comfortable working with diverse populations; and
- Available for occasional evening and weekend work.
- Previous experience with Ellucian Banner software;
- Previous experience with Salesforce CRM;
- Previous admissions experience; and
- Previous experience working with undergraduates in a counseling environment.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply online at http://jobs.gmu.edu for position number 02654z; complete the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references with their contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :