Spectrum Technology Group, Inc. - West Bethesda, MD
Spectrum Technology Group, Inc., is a small-business prime contractor for the U.S. Navy. We currently have an opening for an Electrical Engineer to join our team of dedicated professionals providing technical and research support for the Naval Surface Warfare Center Carderock Division (NSWCCD) Advanced Power and Energy Branch (APEB). The latest trends in ship design, specifically power utilization and distribution, are making the research and development of energy storage technologies more critical than ever before. Our team assists in developing efficient means for energy storage using traditional electrochemical batteries, power cells, and lithium ion batteries in both independent and hybrid power generation schemes for use by the Navy and Marine Corps.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Your work will be based in a research and development team environment with other engineers and scientists involved in identification of risks and performance of failure investigations for various energy storage and hybrid power technologies.
- You will conduct destructive and non-destructive testing for the safety certification of battery systems, evaluation of advanced AC and DC power systems, and the development of new test methods and protocols.
- You will work on challenging assignments while utilizing test equipment, instrumentation and data acquisition systems.
- You will create and assemble equipment necessary for test setup and completion as well as prepare test plans, specifications and standards, and technical reports of results.
- You will work as part of a collaborative, integrated team of government and contract personnel at the Naval Surface Warfare Center Carderock Division facility in West Bethesda, Maryland.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- U.S. Citizenship and eligibility to obtain a government security clearance is mandatory
- B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering from and accredited university
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an electrical engineer with a broad range of experience in any of the following areas:
- energy storage
- lithium batteries
- power electronics
- low-voltage and high-voltage AC and DC power
- utility, renewable, and/or hybrid power
- electrochemical sources
- traction power systems
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong background in experimental setup (H/W and S/W components) and/or testing
- Experience with automation, various test equipment (such as power supplies and loaders), instrumentation and data acquisition systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work successfully within a team of engineers and scientists to research, develop, and implement test protocols. This position requires a highly motivated individual that can succeed in a team environment.
- Experience in MATLAB and LabVIEW is a plus.
- Active Department of Defense security clearance is a plus.
Spectrum Technology offers a wide range of benefits, including a 401k retirement plan with company matching funds up to 4% of your salary; excellent health, life, and disability insurance plans; a flexible work schedule; and generous leave. Salary is commensurate with education and experience.