Retail Flooring Sales Professional - 40+ Years In Business - Must Have Experience & Drive
Are you the Ideal Candidate?
If you are looking for a career, have a passion for selling, excel at closing deals and building relationships that lead to referral business, you may be the candidate we’re looking for. We are looking for a full time or part time retail salesperson who will work in our designer showroom which requires the requisite skills. If you are self-motivated and detail-oriented we will provide the tools and training you need to achieve success. If you’re the type of person who desires compensation based on results, your financial security is assured by being assertive, creative, and building your client base.
About the Position
This position requires an individual to interact with customers and assist them in making product choices according to their individual needs. This interaction occurs in our showroom or in the client’s home with the objective being to provide both design and flooring advice that will make the customers buying decision easier. In order to be successful, the candidate must also be willing to undergo our extensive product and sales training in order to become a certified flooring expert.
It is also expected that the individual be a self-starter, personally well organized, and willing to create new business as well as to provide outstanding customer service and follow-up.
We are flooring store with both a business and residential customer base in the DC/MD area. Locally owned and operated for over 40 years, we are known for our superior customer service, and professional staff. Because we belong to the largest floor covering cooperative in the world our, company offers the very best flooring products in a high-end showroom, with only the most qualified installers.
We believe in creating a family friendly work environment, where each person is an integral member of the team, yet responsible for his or her own results and earning potential. We are proud of our heritage and would like to find an individual who will excel and prosper in a fast-paced retail environment becoming a valued member of our team.
We offer the following opportunities and benefits:
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Employee discounts on products and services
- And more
Although not an all-inclusive list, the following are some of duties and expectations for this position:
- Prospecting for new business is key
- Greeting customer on the sales floor and qualifying them to determine wants and needs
- Answering questions and providing information to customers about flooring
- Assisting customers with flooring choices - explaining features and benefits of various types of flooring
- Keeping up-to-date on the wide selection of floors we have to offer along with the benefits and warranties provided by each
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Writing sales orders
- Networking regularly and working effectively with other store employees
- Receiving payment or obtain credit authorization
- Using computer database to research availability of merchandise and to process orders
- Following up in a timely and professional manner with customers on all requests or concerns
The skills and abilities we’re seeking include:
- Must have flooring experience and be able to measure
- Retail sales or shop-at-home experience is required
- Ability to measure and close deals in-home is a plus.
- A passion for, or experience with, decorating or design, is a plus
- Must have open and flexible work availability
- Must have knowledge Microsoft Office programs and be willing to learn our operating system
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Professionalism, to include dependability, accountability, and punctuality
- Self-motivated and internally driven to excel in your position and career
- Time management skills for juggling multiple (and sometimes competing) deadlines and deliverables