Sr. Healthcare Policy & Data Analyst
Position Summary:More than a decade ago, CAQH established the CAQH Committee on Operating Rules for Information Exchange (CORE®) as an industry-wide collaboration committed to the development and adoption of healthcare operating rules for the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) administrative transactions. CAQH then established its Explorations arm to research and measure the rate of adoption of HIPAA transactions and their impact on the administrative workflow between providers and health plans. The Sr. Healthcare Policy & Data Analyst serves a critical role in assisting the healthcare industry with the development and implementation of healthcare operating rules to simplify administrative business functions by moving to electronic processes, with a focus on value-based purchasing. The position will use data and analytic skills to measure the time and cost savings associated with streamlining administrative business processes across the healthcare industry. The Sr. Healthcare Policy & Data Analyst reports to the Director, Explorations with a dotted line reporting relationship to the Manager, CORE. The position is full time, exempt.
- Researches, designs and drafts content for CAQH CORE Work Groups, which develop and maintain healthcare industry operating rules.
- Develops analysis strategies, research summaries, Work Group facilitation documents and draft rule recommendations, in collaboration with subject matter experts.
- Assists in developing critical tools, such as frequently asked questions (FAQs), planning guides and website modules to support the industry with implementation and maintenance of the CAQH CORE Operating Rules.
- Desire and ability to learn new and challenging content areas.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytic capabilities to compile, distill and interpret data for broader audiences.
- Ability to take complex topics and synthesize into user-friendly documents/tools.
- Ability to simultaneously perform multiple assignments and follow extensive work plans.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to translate technical concepts into business language as needed.
- Ability to outline slide flow and content, and develop formal PowerPoint presentations to convey information effectively for executive audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong experience in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience using statistical software programs such as R, SAS, SPSS, or Stata to analyze and manage data.
- Experience with and / or knowledge of data collection and analysis methodologies and techniques, such as survey design, analysis of primary and secondary data, and conduct of structured interviews.
- Knowledge of the healthcare revenue cycle and the key parties involved is desirable.
- Knowledge of value-based care and purchasing is desirable.
- Is inspired by the work of CAQH and motivated to have a positive impact on simplifying the business of healthcare. Maintains an intellectual curiosity about how to accomplish this goal through industry collaboration.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; public health, healthcare policy, or a related field.
- Master’s degree preferred; public health, healthcare policy, or healthcare administration.
- Minimum of four years of related work experience in the healthcare industry with a bachelor’s degree or minimum of two years of related work experience in the healthcare industry with a master’s degree.
WHO WE ARE
Named one of Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work in 2016, 2017 and 2018, CAQH, a non-profit alliance, is the leader in creating shared initiatives to streamline the business of healthcare. Through collaboration and innovation, CAQH accelerates the transformation of business processes, delivering value to providers, patients and health plans.
- CAQH CORE® maximizes business efficiency and savings by developing and implementing national operating rules.
- CAQH Index® benchmarks progress and helps optimize operations by tracking industry adoption of electronic administrative transactions.
- COB Smart® quickly and accurately directs coordination of benefits processes.
- reduces costly paper checks with enrollment for electronic payments and electronic remittance advice.
- CAQH ProView® eases the burden of provider data collection, maintenance and distribution.
- increases the accuracy of health plan provider directories.
- streamlines credentialing by consolidating and standardizing primary source verification.
- delivers comprehensive, multi-state information on healthcare provider licensure disciplinary actions.
WHAT YOU GET
CAQH recognizes that its most important asset is its growing team of smart, creative, collaborative, forward-thinking and passionate professionals – and that a comprehensive employee benefits package is an important factor for them in choosing where to work. CAQH offers competitive compensation along with an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, tuition assistance and a 401k. Our location in downtown Washington, DC is metro-accessible, has an onsite fitness center and is centrally located to allow our team to take advantage of professional networking opportunities, cultural offerings and a thriving social scene.