Supervisory Administrative Law Judge
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All Mandatory Qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
5. A financial disclosure statement is required.
6. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses may be paid: Yes
7. Bargaining Unit Position: No
8. Drug Screening Required: No
9. Recruitment incentives may be authorized: No
10. Student loan repayment incentive authorized:No
11. Annual leave for non-federal service authorized: No
12. U.S. Citizenship required
13. This is an excepted service position.
Desirable Qualifications (DQs): The Expression of Interest, which is one of the required documents for this vacancy announcement, should be formatted so that each desirable qualification is individually addressed.
- Demonstrated litigation experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of healthcare law.
- Demonstrated ability to adjudicate a high volume of cases ranging from simple disputes to highly complex contested cases in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to understand, analyze, decide and communicate difficult and complex technical, legal and factual issues.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate orally in a clear and precise manner while exhibiting appropriate judicial temperament.
- Demonstrated ability to produce a comprehensive legally and technically defensible agency decision involving complex technical, legal and factual issues written in a clear and precise manner.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and supervise staff in an effective manner in order to accomplish stated goals
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
People With Disabilities (Schedule A) - https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Individuals_with_Disabilities
Reasonable Accommodation: This agency provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please see Agency Contact Information for whom to contact for more info. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. You must contact the HR contact on the vacancy announcement at least three business days before the closing date of this announcement to receive assistance.
For more information on disability employment, please visit https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/disability-employment/
Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service - http://www.sss.gov
Career Transition Program: This program applies to Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed, or employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: 1) meet eligibility criteria for CTAP or ICTAP; 2) be rated well-qualified for the position; and 3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your CTAP or ICTAP eligibility. Well-Qualified includes those applicants whose knowledge, skills, and abilities clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements for the position. For information on eligibility criteria and required documentation, go to: http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp
Beginning January 1, 2010, agencies must seek prior approval from OPM before they can appoint a current or recent political appointee to a competitive or non-political excepted service position at any level under the provisions of title 5, United States Code. If you are currently or have been within the last 5 years, a political Schedule A, Schedule C, or Non-career SES employee in the executive branch, you MUST disclose that to the Human Resources Office.
If you are unable to apply online, please go to https://help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/index.php?title=Alternate_Application_Information for more information on our alternate application method.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
OMHA will evaluate applicants' qualifications based on the Mandatory and Desirable qualifications.
Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and capability. You should be aware that your submissions are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process may be used to verify your stated level of experience and capability. If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your resume or background investigation you will be assigned a rating commensurate to your described experience. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you. If you are found to be among the top candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration and interview.
The selectee will be required to submit an Executive Personnel Public Financial Disclosure Report, SF-278, in accordance with the Ethics in Government Act of 1978, prior to the effective date of appointment and annually thereafter.
REGARDING INTERVIEWS: Interviews will be required for this position. Accommodations may be made to conduct telephonic interviews to preclude travel hardships for applicants.
NOTE: Declining to be interviewed or failure to report for a scheduled interview will be considered as a declination for further consideration for employment against this vacancy.
In accordance with 5 CFR 2635.704, applications will not be accepted in a postage paid government envelope.