Summer 2019 Legal Intern (Juris Doctorate)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- All information is subject to verification. Applicants are advised that false answers or omissions of information on application materials or inability to meet the following conditions may be grounds for non-selection, withdrawal of an offer of employment, or dismissal after being employed. All requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Selection for this position is contingent upon completion of OF-306, Declaration of Federal Employment during the pre-employment process and proof of U.S. citizenship for competitive status positions or conversion to a competitive status position with the Administrative Office of the US Courts. In instances where non-citizens are considered for hire into temporary or any other position with non competitive status or when it is confirmed by the AO's Human Resources Office that there are no qualified U.S. citizens for a competitive status position (unless prohibited by a law or statue), non-citizens must provide proof of authorization to work in the United States and proof of entitlement to receive compensation. Additional information on the employment of non-citizens can be found at http://ww.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/non-citizens. For a list of documents that may be used to provide proof of citizenship or authorization to work in the United States, please refer to Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification.
- All new AO employees will be required to complete a FBI fingerprint-based national criminal database and records check.
- A background security investigation is required for all selectees. Appointment will be subject to a successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. A background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time.
- All new AO employees must identify a financial institution for direct deposit of pay before appointment.
- You will be required to serve a trial period if selected for a first-time appointment to the Federal government, transferring from another Federal agency, or serving as a first-time
- If appointed to a temporary position, management may have the discretion of converting the position to permanent depending upon funding and staffing allocation.
- Selectees must be currently enrolled in an accredited program.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in an accredited law school
- Applicants must have a GPA of at least 3.0 (TRANSCRIPT REQUIRED)
Additional Qualification Requirements: In addition to meeting the BASIC QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS, applicants must also:
- Have the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Have very strong communication and reading skills and be detailed oriented.
- Have a working knowledge of computer applications such as Microsoft Excel and word.
- Have excellent writing, reading and interpersonal skills, and be able to organize a variety of assignments simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.
The AO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your resume and supporting documentation and compare this information to your responses on the occupational questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this job. If you meet the minimum qualifications for this job, we will evaluate your application package, to assess the quality, depth, and complexity of your accomplishments, experience, and education as they relate to the requirements listed in this vacancy announcement.
You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification. If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your resume and/or narrative responses, you will be assigned a rating commensurate to your described experience. Failure to submit the mandatory narrative responses will result in not receiving full consideration and/or rating credit. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you, withdrawing an offer of employment, or dismissal after being employed.