6 days left
- Full Time
Under general supervision, but following established policies and procedures, performs a variety of complex, semi-complex, and routine accounting and clerical duties relating to Corporate Accounts, ACH’s, Card Services (Credit/Debit/ATMs) PPDs, and Accounts Payable program. Receives, sorts, and proofs accounting documents, posts totals to the general ledger, reviews internal records, performs arithmetic calculations, researches adjustments and reconciles accounts. Is responsible for preparing card documents and researching and responding to members inquiries. Responsible for the ATM settlement process, including Shared Branch activity. Responds to questions and/or provides information upon request from members (internal and external). Processes requests/transactions, as appropriate.
1. Responsible for processing Share Draft daily returns via the processor, including inquiries and retrievals. Processes and resolves member inquiries regarding share drafts, returned checks and stop payments. Maintain and update member records as needed.
2. Responsible for balancing and reconciling of general ledger accounts pertaining to share drafts. Researches and resolves any out of balance conditions. Maintains current knowledge of all applicable Regulation requirements.
3. Performs reconcilement research and problem-solving on all GL accounts with the major emphasis on Corporate Accounts. Reviews corporate statements and posts appropriate entries. Maintains daily check/money order reconciliations.
1. Responsible for preparing, processing, and ordering all ATM and Visa Check Card requests. Ensures all information is complete, accurate, and posted in a timely manner. Posts balance transfers for Credit Cards and other adjustments as requested by internal staff, including monthly charge-offs. Updates ATM and Debit Card systems with member contact information changes as received from various internal departments. Orders replacement ATM and Check cards and/or PINs as requested.
2. Prepare accounting entries daily and balances to the general ledger. Post payments, cash advances, debits/credits. Performs Credit/Debit Card settlement daily. Prints and verifies ATM and Credit/Debit Card settlement reports. Balances and reconciles Credit Card and ATM/VISA GL accounts. Balances Credit Card and ATM/VCC GL accounts. Processes charge-backs on ATM and VCC cards.
3. Balances settlement reports and reconciles GL accounts for all Shared Branch activities.
1. Responsible for preparing, processing, and ordering ATM and Visa Check Card requests. Ensures all information is complete, accurate, and posted in a timely manner. Posts balance transfers for Credit Cards and other adjustments as requested by internal staff, including monthly charge-offs. Updates ATM and Debit Card systems with member contact information changes as received from various internal departments. Orders replacement ATM and Check cards and/or PINs as requested.
2. Balances and reconciles all ATM activity to the Symitar reports including all Shared Branch Activity and non-Branch affiliated ATM machines. Update member accounts and general ledgers as applicable. Prepares and posts the daily ATM settlement report. Order replacement ATM cards.
3. Prepare accounting entries daily and balances to the general ledger.
1. Processes daily ACH files, verifies ACH prenotes, returns ACH overdrafts and unpostables to the FRB.
2. Maintains stop payments for ACH and ensures that ACH stop payments are on the system. Collects fees for stop payment processing if applicable.
3. Handle all discrepancies and researches adjustments to corporate accounts accordingly
Prefer BA/BS in Accounting or Finance. Minimum three to five years accounting experience, preferably in a financial institution. Knowledge of Credit Union operations, regulations, lending and accounting policies and practices. Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP. Previous experience with credit, debit, or ATM card processing. Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills. PC proficient including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) the Internet and other financial analysis programs. Excellent verbal, written, telephone and interpersonal communication skills. Must possess a strong service orientation. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects/priorities in an effective manner. Must be able to deal with highly confidential information. Ability to function in a financial institution branch environment, be bondable, and utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to: PC, copier, telephone, etc. Ability to lift 25lbs. or more (file boxes). Some travel required.Additional Information
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.Meet Your Recruiter Allan Jackson