The Department of Transportation and Environmental Services (T&ES) is seeking a Management Analyst for its Infrastructure and Environmental Division for supporting all the administrative, fiscal, budgetary, purchasing, and event organizing functions for the Division.
- Assists with communicating important information about departments and City programs, projects, events, initiatives, services and issues to the residents and the media;
- Researches, writes, edits and proofs a variety of print publications, including Annual Report, press and news released, brochures, and other publications as needed;
- Supports the operations, capital and special projects budgets, and conducts analysis of contract and grant expenditures in coordination with the Fiscal Team and departmental program managers;
- Communicates related budget information and policies to City staff, affiliates and contractors regarding purchasing and procurement, travel reimbursements and grant management;
- Plans, prepares, manages, and coordinate organizing events/meetings/summits by arranging or coordinating all the logistics for such events, as needed;
- Directs, manages, and supervises employees and ensures that program objectives and outcomes are achieved;
- Assesses the division's administrative needs and problems, and reallocates or secures resources to meet those needs;
- Plans and researches data processes and conducts data analysis to establish/revise management methods and procedures to improve work flow, simplify reporting procedures, reduce costs and meet professional accrediting standards and legal requirements;
- With the support of staff, coordinates and controls the Department's purchasing activities, establishing priorities and evaluating functions;
- With the support of staff, coordinates and controls the Department's grant management activities, establishing process and policies to meet internal and external program objectives;
- Manages and prepares reports of purchasing activities and assures the needs of various T&ES Divisions for supplies, materials and equipment are standardized (if possible) and coordinated as needed;
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate
To qualify for this position, all candidates must possess a Four-Year College Degree in public or business administration, and one year of experience in management analysis, customer services resolving end-user problems, or a closely-related field; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
To be considered as an ideal candidate, one should also possess experience in public administration, human resources, finance accounting, creating spreadsheets and budget preparation, vendor procurement methods, development and review of performance indicators, report presentation methods and procedural review and development; contract management to include preparing bid documents, ensuring contractors adhere to terms of contracts, and tracking expiration dates; ability to analyze, interpret and report research findings; ability to perform the tasks of the position independently and to make decisions, especially in the absence of the supervisor; ability to maintain effective working relationships; ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
About the Department
T&ES is a community partner in shaping a livable, green, and prospering Alexandria. We plan, build, operate, and maintain transportation systems and infrastructure that improve mobility and provide people and businesses with core public services. The work we do keeps Alexandrians moving, growing sustainability, and thriving. If you are curious for a broader view of our City government click here, or for a broader view of the City of Alexandria click here.