Assistant Athletic Director
In cooperation with the Athletic Director and Principal: ensures compliance with the rules of the Virginia High School League and the regional and district councils and assists the Athletic Director in the oversight of the VHSL Coaches Education requirement of the coaching staff.
* Helps to plan, organize, and schedule the athletic programs and attends county, district, regional, and state meetings as required.
* Assists in securing athletic practice facilities and secures transportation through the Transportation Department
* Helps orient coaches in executing their responsibilities and assists in supervising coaches and sponsors in their co-curricular activities
* Serves on special committees and attends work sessions involving continued growth and improvement of the total athletic program and promotes positive public relations
* Supervises and prepares the athletic game fields and helps inspect facilities, equipment and supplies for the safety and well being of the participants.
* Helps evaluate the athletic programs and performs other duties as assigned by the Principal or Athletic Director.
* Holds a valid teaching license.
* Has experience as a coach, teacher, administrator or assistant athletic director or athletic director with at least 3 years of experience at the secondary level.
* Possesses leadership qualities and personal characteristics necessary to work effectively with athletes, coaches, students, school administrators, staff, parents, and the community.
The High School Assistant Athletic Director reports to the Principal and the Athletic Director.