Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
The U.S. Postal Service Law Department is seeking to fill a Trial Attorney position in our Headquarters or DOMICILE ADDRESS: 3403 10TH STREET STE 200 RIVERSIDE CA 92501.
Come work in an energetic, lively and collegial atmosphere on a wide range of complex, fast-paced, challenging matters.
- Ability to conduct legal research to gather and interpret information and ensure accuracy of details, using resources such as internal and external documents, archives, electronic databases, and interviews.
- SPECIAL CONDITIONS: Willingness to submit to a Tier 5 Single-Scope Background Investigation (SSBI). This investigation requires, among other things, completion of a questionnaire and fingerprinting for a criminal records check. The investigation may require a drug test. The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance while holding this position.
- EDUCATION REQUIREMENT: Applicants must have a Juris Doctor or LL.M. (Masters of Laws) degree from an American Bar Association accredited law school.
- Ability to provide legal advice and services and to formulate opinions involving the analysis and interpretation of federal, state, and local laws.
- Ability to litigate cases before federal courts.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing, including the ability to negotiate with third parties on behalf of clients and to prepare legal documents and presentations.
- Ability to obtain and maintain status as Special Assistant U.S. Attorney.
- SPECIAL CONDITION: Qualified applicants must be a current member in good standing of the State Bar of California.
- EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT: At least three years of experience in legal practice, of which one year may be met through the completion of a judicial clerkship. The clerkship must be documented in the applicant's résumé.
Please read the "Qualifications" section.
The salary will be based on previous experience, and current postal pay policies. We offer excellent benefits including health and life insurance, retirement plan, savings/investment plan with employer contribution, flexible spending, flextime scheduling of core work hours, annual and sick leave.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your resume and supporting documents to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. We will evaluate each applicant who meets the basic qualifications on the information provided and evaluate your relevant professional, educational, and work experiences as it relates to fundamental competencies, identified in the Qualifications section above, required for this position.Read more Security clearance Not Applicable Drug test required Yes