Port Dispatch Manager
Sparks Group has partnered with a Baltimore based logistics company and is immediately hiring for a Port Dispatch Manager! Do you have at least 5 years experience of serving in a dispatcher function? Do you have thorough knowledge of DOT federal, state and local laws for operation of heavy trucks on public roads and highways? Do you have experience working in a Port environment with containerized cargo? If so, we are eager to hear from you! Please apply and follow up with our office at (301) 326-2525!
- Provide leadership, management and oversight responsibility for a fleet of truck drivers, including directing delivery of customer orders in a timely and professional manner
- Direct daily activities of location truck drivers
- Maintain the integrity of the company and their customers while delivering customer orders on time, without damage
- Identify and address staff training and coaching needs for the drivers and report these needs to the Director of Dispatch
- A minimum of five years in a cargo and/or freight dispatching function for a logistics company
- In-depth knowledge of dispatch practices and procedures
- Thorough knowledge of DOT federal, state and local laws for operation of heavy trucks on public roads, highways and interstate highways
- Ability to make administrative decisions, solve problems and answer questions in accordance with applicable laws, ordinances, rules, regulations, and company policies and procedures
- Ability to use common office machines, including popular computer-driven word processing, spreadsheet and file maintenance programs.
- Excellent computer skills, with an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel.
- Container Drayage
- Management (Preferred)
Qualified candidates should send their resume AND call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note, resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered. We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!
Sparks Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, citizenship, family status, genetic information, disability, or protect veteran status.