GROUP EXERCISE INSTRUCTOR (PART-TIME/TEMPORARY)
Arlington County's Department of Parks and Recreation is seeking experienced and energetic temporary, part-time Group Exercise Instructors. The Group Exercise Instructors are responsible for providing quality fitness programs designed to meet the needs of a wide variety of skill, age, and fitness levels through educational and fun classes in a safe environment.
General classes include cardiovascular training, strength training, core work, and flexibility. Cycling classes require a specific certification and the ability to teach safe and effective classes.
Specific duties include:
- Instructing fitness classes within an area of expertise in a safe and effective manner while providing proper instruction;
- Providing prompt friendly customer service;
- Tailoring classes to participants attending based on level and skill;
- Tracking attendance for classes;
- Arriving to work at least 10 minutes prior to classes to gather and prepare materials; and
- Being aware of other Arlington County goods and services provided, all Fitness Membership services and upcoming events.
Minimum: High school diploma or G.E.D plus 1200 hours of technical experience in group exercise or cycling, of which at least 50 hours must be as an instructor.
Substitution: Experience may be substituted for multiple certifications in group exercise
Desirable: Preference may be given to applicants with experience in the following:
- Certification in General Group Exercise or Cycling.
Must have CPR/AED and First Aid certifications.
Work hours: Most classes are early morning, mid-afternoon, or in the evening.
Note: This recruitment is open continuous and will close once the positions are filled. Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible. Qualified applicants in this first group will be referred to the hiring manager and interviews will be conducted on a regular basis throughout the recruitment with candidates whose qualifications best fit our needs.
Your responses to the supplemental questionnaire are considered part of the selection process and are required for this position. Please do not give "see resume" as a response to the questions. Incomplete applications will not be considered.