Human Resources Generalist
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Major Duties, continued
- Prepares periodic (biweekly, monthly, and quarterly) benefit, payroll, timesheet and employment reports.
- Analyzes and processes expense reports, invoices, and check requests. Verifies the accuracy of disbursements of premiums to health insurance, life insurance, retirement, and disability benefits.
- Prepares and delivers agency reports for federal agencies, benefit carriers/administrators, and other external contacts. Analyzes data and prepare reports for internal review, such as turnover rate, benefit utilization, vacancy rate, etc.
- Responds to requests for information or clarification from reports recipients.
- Assists with recruitment efforts including drafting job ads, screening resumes, scheduling interviews and drafting correspondence.
- Coordinates the background check process for all applicants and employees; ensure all files are maintained accurately and timely; escalate issues to supervisor for review.
- Conducts new employee orientation and off-boarding.
- Maintains policy and guidance materials for NFC payroll, benefits, and other HR systems and processes.
- Maintains all personnel, payroll, benefits and leave records in accordance with legal requirements and internal processes.
- Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned or required.
Three to five years of relevant work experience demonstrating application of human resources best practices, principles, laws and regulations, and programs.
Human Resources experience in both the Federal and private sector.
HR regulations and processes within the Federal Sector including payroll (NFC and T&A), benefits and retirement systems (CSRS, FERS, TSP, FEGLI, FEHB, Flexible spending accounts, etc.), worker's compensation, unemployment insurance, Employee Relations, MSPB, Disability programs, etc.
Federal, state and local HR regulations, payroll, and benefits (i.e. ADA, EEOC, FMLA, HIPAA) and the ability to stay up to date and apply information to ARC structure and process.
Proficiency with a variety of software including the Microsoft Office Suite; HR software (NFC; OPM retirement; webTA, ATS, etc.).
Demonstrated effective organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail.
Demonstrated professional demeanor with complete respect for confidentiality of sensitive data, discretion, and a customer service perspective.
Strong business and HR acumen skills.
Decision Making - ability to make sound, well-informed, and objective decisions.
Problem Solving - identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; ability to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Reasoning - identifies rules, principles, or relationships that explain facts, data, or other information; analyzes information and makes correct inferences or draws accurate conclusions.
Planning and Evaluating - organizes work and independently sets priorities; determines process steps required to achieve results; monitors progress and evaluates outcomes. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and prioritize without sacrificing accuracy.
Project Management - knowledge and application of the principles, methods, or tools for developing, scheduling, coordinating, and managing projects and resources, including monitoring and inspecting costs, work, and contractor performance. Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments.
Adaptability - ability to accept and apply changes to work processes, information, team; recovers quickly from setbacks and finds alternative ways to reach goals or targets; navigates change through positive communications and supportive actions
Communicating - selects appropriate and effective way to communicate to audiences in diverse situations; listens actively and asks questions to understand other perspectives or confirm understanding; awareness of and responsive to verbal and non-verbal communication styles; provides status updates which reduce or eliminate the need for follow up from requestor. Skill in communicating verbally sufficient to exchange information, explain requirements, etc.
Writing - recognizes and uses correct English grammar, punctuation, and spelling; communicates information (for example, facts, ideas, or messages) in a succinct and organized manner; produces written information, which may include technical information that is appropriate for the intended audience. Skill in writing sufficient to communicate information to a variety of audiences.
Collaboration - ability to interact and work effectively with others to accomplish goals despite differences, changes, roles or resources; treats others with respect, dignity, and professional courtesy; values the contributions of others through listening, sharing relevant information and considering new ideas; affirmatively shares lessons learned and relevant information.. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with HR team, managers, and staff across the organization as well as with external vendors, insurance providers, and contacts.
Critical Analysis - ability to identify, research, analyze, design, manage and communicate data and outcomes sufficiently to various audiences to accomplish work outcomes; develops, recommends, and/or implements innovative and effective approaches to solve problems. Ability to apply creative thinking.
Accountability - makes best use of resources to accomplish work priorities; takes responsibility of balancing quality with deadlines; takes appropriate action(s) to fulfill commitments to others; owns, acknowledges and corrects mistakes; immediately communicates updates and changes to others
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Position requires successful completion and maintenance of background security review
- Position is located at ARC office located in Washington, DC
- Ability to travel 10%
Bachelor's degree in relevant field. PHR, SHRM-CP strongly preferred.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants will be evaluated based on their ability to meet the requirements of the position. Please review the Qualifications section.Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No