Under direct supervision, assists in the operation of the campus-wide, multi-material Recycling Program, including lifting and emptying heavy recycling containers, processing materials and cleaning and disinfecting recycling vehicles; collection areas and collection containers. S/he ensures that all recycling areas are clean, fully functional and operational. This position reports directly to the Supervisor, Recycling and Waste Management along with three Heavy Vehicle Operators and twelve Recycling Laborers. Duties include but are not limited to:
- As assigned or scheduled, performs tasks associated with the removal of multi-materials campus-wide including emptying heavy recycling containers, processing materials, and cleaning and disinfecting recycling vehicles, collection areas and collection containers.
- Suggests improvements in the work to improve unit operations. Provides supervisor with advice and suggestions regarding work methods, procedures, parts, tools and related matters for the purpose of improving the effectiveness and cost of service.
- Ensures efficient and economic use of supplies and materials to conserve university resources. Draws and/or requisitions supplies, parts, materials and tools needed and uses such items economically to avoid undue costs. Informs supervisor of supply/material needs to ensure that adequate inventory is maintained.
- High School (completion of 10th grade); Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Two years of experience performing general or labor work directly related to recycling and solid waste management
- A valid driver's permit from Maryland, District of Columbia or Virginia
- Good verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated, able to work independently and concerned with recycling and environmental issues
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.