Under the supervision of the Assistant Director, Marketing, the Marketing Specialist identifies, develops, markets and closes sales opportunities with new and existing customers to support the strategic objectives of the Department of Communications Contributes to the Bishops’ strategic plan for the Conference. Demonstrates willingness and ability to understand, respect and contribute to the USCCB mission and to fulfill job duties in accordance with its Catholic identity.
- Develops and implements marketing and sales plans to achieve growth, hit sales targets and increase revenue for diocesan and national news service subscription clients.
- Serves as account manager sales agent, marketing specialist and primary point of contact for all subscription and membership product clients to understand client needs and build and promote strong, enduring customer relationships.
- Analyzes and evaluates sales results and presents sales, revenue and expense reports and realistic forecasts to the management team. Hands on experience with CRM systems (Salesforce knowledge a plus)
- Initiates new client records and tracks and documents all client interactions in Salesforce CRM.
- Represents USCCB at conventions, meetings and shows to promote and sell products.
- Keeps up to date with market and competitive factors to determine customer needs, rate structures, price schedules, and discount rates.
Educational Level: Bachelor’s degree
Major Field/Specialty: Business, Marketing, Communications or related field
Foreign Language Requirement: (if any) None, but Spanish helpful
Other Specialized Training: (i.e. word processing, personal computer, knowledge of Catholic Church, etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of Catholic Church
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Skilled in using sales and marketing digital platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Analyzes and evaluates sales results and presents sales, revenue and expense reports and realistic forecasts to the management team.
- Develops and implements marketing and sales plans
Type and Nature of Professional Experience:
- Successful previous experience as a sales representative and marketing, consistently meeting or exceeding sales targets/goals
- Experience with CRM softwares (sales Force or Netsuite, etc)
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Strong business acumen and marketing expertise.
- Knowledge of news wire service a plus
- Prior association and/or non-profit experience preferred
- Experience developing and maintaining business relationships with new and existing customers
- Demonstrated capacity to craft clear, compelling marketing messages
- Strong collaboration and team skill
- Ability to meet deadlines while working on multiple projects simultaneously
Number of Years Required: 3 years of related experience