IT Specialist (Customer Support)
50% or less - Travel requirements vary by grade and position. While a few positions may require 50% business travel, most positions will have 10-30% business travel required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Permanent Change of Station (PCS) allowances may be authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations and an agency determination that a PCS move is in the Government Interest.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
GS-09 Minimum Qualifications
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes installing new or existing personal computer systems or related equipment; monitoring escalated actions and tickets OR using standardized troubleshooting protocols; and determining appropriate fixes or work-arounds to restore desktop functionality. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the second lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-07).
Education: Master's or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree from an accredited or pre-accredited institution in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management; or, two full years of graduate education from an accredited or pre-accredited institution that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems, or networks.
GS-11 Minimum Qualifications
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes providing advanced technical support to end-users or other technicians; interacting with lower-tiered support personnel to facilitate complex problem recognition or management; and logging corrective actions taken and escalating more complex problems to senior level technicians. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the second lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-09).
Education: Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree from an accredited or pre-accredited institution in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management; or, three full years of graduate education from an accredited or pre-accredited institution that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems, or networks.
GS-12 Minimum Qualifications
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes resolving complex issues or tickets elevated from other technicians OR determining appropriate IT systems to support customer's business requirements; and providing training to IT Support personnel and/or end-users. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-11).
For this job at the GS-12 level, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Applicants utilizing experience to qualify must have specialized experience that includes, or is supplemented by, information technology related experience (paid or unpaid experience and/or completion of specific, intensive training, as appropriate) which demonstrates each of the four competencies, as defined:
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail. Examples of IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include:
- GS-09 and GS-11: completing work independently that rarely requires editing or review by others.
- GS-12: completing thorough and accurate work independently, even in the most difficult or stressful situations; occasionally reviewing work completed by others.
- GS-09 and GS-11: resolving simple and routine problems, questions, or complaints and providing support and guidance to customers on non-routine issues; serving as a primary resource for customers, requesting assistance with complex issues when necessary; and participating in meetings and providing advice to customers in own area of expertise.
- GS-12: resolving routine and non-routine problems, questions, or complaints; developing and maintaining strong, mutually supportive working relationships with customers; conducting evaluation of support to determine quality of services and customer satisfaction, and recommending procedural changes based on customer need or changes in policy and/or regulation.
- GS-09 and GS-11: expressing facts and ideas in a clear, concise, convincing, and organized manner; clearly conveying moderately complex ideas, concepts, and information to customers; exhibiting active listening by demonstrating understanding of audience comments and/or questions.
- GS-12: convincingly conveying complex information to customers; presenting thoughts that are well-organized and demonstrating confidence in the facts and ideas; adjusting style when working with individuals with different levels of understanding; using various methods to explain and convey information.
- GS-09 and GS-11: identifying and solving problems by gathering and applying information from a variety of materials or sources that provide several alternatives; recognizing and taking action to address non-routine problems; soliciting feedback from multiple stakeholders to understand an issue or problem and accurately assess its root causes and potential solutions; seeking supervisory review where appropriate.
- GS-12: solving complex or sensitive problems by developing and proposing strategic alternatives; identifying possible conflicts and shared benefits; helping team anticipate problems and identifying and evaluating potential sources of information; providing feedback and coaching to others to help solve problems; engaging appropriate stakeholders when developing solutions in order to understand and incorporate multiple perspectives and needs; evaluating the effectiveness of decisions and adjusting future decisions as appropriate.
Education In Progress: Applications can be accepted from students who expect to complete qualifying education within 6 months from the date of application. You must still include transcripts with your application package, showing the courses and semester hours you have completed and courses in-progress, even though you have not earned a degree yet. You will not be able to start employment until you have completed the full education requirement and final transcripts have been verified.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Positions may be filled as permanent, temporary or term. Temporary positions may be extended up to a maximum of three years. Term positions may be extended up to a maximum of six years.
- This position may be designated "Mission Essential". In the event of severe weather conditions or other emergency type situations (natural or man-made disaster) the incumbent is required to report to work or remain at work as scheduled to support mission operations.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 34 Information Technology/Cyber Management position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement. Pay will vary by grade level and geographic location.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; (2) be rated well-qualified for the position; and, (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
- When you perform a Civilian Permanent Change of Station (PCS) with the government, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) considers the majority of your entitlements to be taxable. Visit https://www.gsa.gov/cdnstatic/FTR%20Bulletin%2018_05%20Relocation%20Allowances_0.pdf for more information.
- Recruitment or relocation incentives MAY be authorized for highly qualified candidates.
- Student Loan Repayment MAY be authorized for highly qualified candidates.
- Service credit for annual leave accrual MAY be granted for certain non-Federal work experience and experience in the uniformed service.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Positions being filled MAY be obligated. An obligated position is one to which an employee has statutory restoration rights based on active military service, compensable injury or disability when fully recovered, return rights based on having served an overseas tour(s), and may also cover employees who have been on extended leave without pay under certain circumstances. During the obligation period, the position may be filled on a temporary or permanent basis. The selected employee is required to sign an agreement acknowledging that (s)he is aware of the obligation and accepts the fact that (s)he may be displaced under reduction in force procedures at a later time. If the specific position being filled is obligated, the selectee will be notified at the time of job offer.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Period of Eligibility: Your resume and any documents submitted will be retained for two months and may be used at any time during this period. After 2 months, you must reapply to this announcement in order to be considered.
When management requests to fill a position, a list of candidates will be supplied based solely on applicants' self-certification of their minimum qualifications. Qualification reviews will NOT be made until a selection is made. If you are the selectee, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.