Hazardous Materials Technician
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Age Requirements - You must be at least 21 years of age and not older than 37 at the time of appointment.
- U.S. Citizenship - Only United States Citizens will receive consideration. Qualified applicants will be required to provide proof of citizenship early in the selection process.
- Criminal History Check - A comprehensive criminal history check will be performed on all qualified applicants.
- Credit Check- Applicants must not be in default or delinquent on any federal guaranteed student loans.
- Selective Service - Verification of registration with the Selective Service System; or exempt from the Selective Service System registration as a female or because of age or military status.
- Fingerprint Check - Your fingerprints will be submitted to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) for a check of the criminal history record.
- Background Investigation - Successfully pass all United States Capitol Police background and suitability hiring standards.
For CP-06/GS-08: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to the CP-05/GS-07 grade level.
Specialized experience includes the following: Inspecting facilities to detect the presence of potentially hazardous materials and combustibles; conducting prevention training designed to protect oneself and others; reviewing plans for organizational prevention practices; and applying knowledge gained while implementing methods and techniques to eliminate unsafe acts or conditions resulting from chemical, biological, radiological or WMD incidents.
For CP-07/GS-09: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to the CP-06/GS-08 grade level as described above ANDapplicants must have performed tasks in accordance with national standards of care, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations and National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) codes and standards.
Failure to successfully pass a full field background investigation and all segments of the pre-employment evaluation process will result in disqualification from further consideration under this vacancy announcement.
All eligibility requirements must be met by the closing date (01/14/2019) of the vacancy announcement.
(Information on Qualification & Education are located at the following link: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications)
Substitution of Education for Experience:
To qualify at the CP-06/GS-08 grade level, a bachelor's or equivalent degree andone and one-half (1 1/2) years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's or equivalent graduate degree is required.
To qualify at the CP-07/GS-09 grade level, a master's or equivalent graduate degree ortwo (2) full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a job-related degree, LL.B. or J.D. degree is required.
Combination of Education and Experience:
Equivalent combinations of specialized experience and graduate level education may be considered at both grade levels.
*TRANSCRIPT(S) MUST BE PROVIDED TO QUALIFY BASED ON EDUCATIONAL ATTAINMENT.*
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your resume, assessment questionnaire and supporting documentation to determine if you meet the minimum requirements for this job. If you meet the minimum requirements for this job, we will evaluate your application materials, to assess the quality, depth, and complexity of your qualifications, accomplishments, experience, and education as they relate to the requirements listed in this vacancy announcement.
Please address all Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's) within the narrative responses, so that your experience can be evaluated properly. To view the KSAs please go to the HOW TO APPLY section and click on the link Application Preview.