Director of Operations
We’re seeking a Director of Operations to manage end to end business, sales, and advertising operations for The Chronicle of Higher Education’s revenue teams. As the director, you’ll lead effective business processes, support the selection and utilization of key business systems and vendors, and ensure a strong and effective customer experience. This role will report to the Chief Revenue Officer.
What you’ll do:
- Manage business, sales, and advertising operations to deliver strong and effective services that serve the Chronicle’s mission and revenue goals. Optimize current and build department. Transformational leadership
- Leverage business systems to ensure company and revenue goals are met with cost-effective long-term system solutions. Support smart system and vendor selection, design, management, and utilization that meet business needs.
- Ensure excellent end to end customer experience through the web, email, vendor and staff customer service, is on par with the excellence of its products and extends the Chronicle brand.
- Lead the operations teams to deliver strong results supporting the business team, the company, and the Chronicle’s customers.
- Build a strong ethos of teamwork, attention to detail and deadlines, and best practice operations methods.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years’ experience in business and sales operations
- Proven success leading and managing multi-level teams
- Strong systems orientation including Salesforce, Google DFP or similar systems and technologies
- In-depth knowledge of digital media and advertising operations
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Proven ability to solve complex and diverse business problems
- Proven best practice customer experience management
- In-depth knowledge of reporting and data analysis
Interested candidates should send a resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Operations” in the subject heading.
The Chronicle is based in Washington, D.C. Our salaries are competitive and our excellent benefit offerings include health care, profit-sharing, and 24 days of paid vacation.