Biologist (Direct Hire)
7 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - 5% Domestic and 5% International travel may be expected for this position
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- US Citizenship is required.
- Background Investigation is required.
- E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
- Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
- All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
- One-year probationary period may be required.
- Travel, transportation, and moving expenses will be paid: May be authorized
- Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
- Drug Screening Required: No
- Immunizations May be Required: To include but not limited to: Hepatitis B, Menactra, MenB - Trumenba or Eexsero
- Recruitment Incentive may be authorized: No
- Annual Leave for non-federal service may be authorized: No
- Research position: No
- Promotion potential: Yes
- Supervisory position: No
- Although this vacancy announcement is being advertised for multiple duty locations and grade levels, it is not intended to convey any implication nor expectation that positions will be filled at each grade level or location.
- This announcement is being used to create an inventory of applicants for Biologist positions and will be used to fill immediate and future needs. Basic Qualifications GS 11/12:
Degree: Biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines appropriate to the position.
Combination of education and experience: Courses equivalent to a major, as shown in A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
Minimum Qualifications for GS 11:
Applicants must have at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-09 in the Federal service as defined in the next paragraph.
Specialized experience is experience which is directly related to the position which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) to successfully perform the duties of the position to include, performing biological science work in various scientific and public health areas associated with numerous biological agents.
Completed 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education
Possess a PhD or equivalent graduate degree in a field that is directly related to the duties of this position.
I have a combination of specialized experience and graduate level education that meets 100% of the qualification requirements for this position.
Minimum Qualifications for GS 12:
Applicants must have at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-11 in the Federal service as defined in the next paragraph.
Specialized experience is experience which is directly related to the position which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) to successfully perform the duties of the position to include, performing specified portions of scientific work involving studies of the functions, environmental response, biological activities, and/or processes of humans and animals, and their component parts.
Education completed in colleges or universities outside the United States may be used to meet the education requirements. You must provide acceptable documentation that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. For more information on how foreign education is evaluated, visit: https://www.cdc.gov/jobs/future-applicant-information.html.
This announcement will be used to fill positions in support of OPM's Direct Hire Authority.
Veterans' preference and traditional rating and ranking of all applicants does not apply to positions filled under this announcement.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
To view the questionnaire, click on the following link:
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document(s), view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, a review of the resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics).
- Biological Science
- Collaboration / Partnering
- Customer Service
- Data Collection, Analysis, and Management
- Laboratory/Field/Modeling/Surveillance Practices
- Networking and Partnership Development (1)
- Results Driven
- Technical Training and Advising
- Translation of Science